DO JWS BELIEVE DINOSAURS WEERE KILLED BY ASTEROID IMPACT?

by badboy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Maybe the disappearance of the dinosaurs was God's "practice run" at how he'll destroy nonbelievers at the big A.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never mind what some wacky sister may have said in her ignorance, the dubs do acknowledge the existence of dinos and have written articles about them . I do not see a united scientific answer to the question either.

* g91 8/22 p. 28 Watching the World ***

"Whatever it was, its remains are mighty big. Individual neck vertebrae are 1.5 metres [5 ft] across while ribs measure three metres [10 ft], leading scientists to estimate the animal’s over-all length at 27 to 30 metres [90-100 ft]," reports The Vancouver Sun of Canada. That is as long as a Boeing 737 jet! In 1986 the petrified neck of this monster was excavated at a site in Inner Mongolia by a team of Canadian and Chinese scientists. Four years later its huge skull was unearthed. "The real significance of finding the skull is that for the first time we’ll be able to determine whether this dinosaur is related to well-known dinosaurs in North America," said Philip Currie of the Royal Tyrell Museum of Paleontology at Drumheller, Alberta, Canada.

*** g90 2/8 p. 10 What Happened to the Dinosaurs? ***

It is apparent from such speculations that scientists are not able, with any certainty, to answer the question: What happened to the dinosaurs?

*** g90 2/8 p. 11 What Happened to the Dinosaurs? *

**When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time. They were no mistake, no product of evolution. That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Thus, the fossil record does not support the evolution theory. Instead, it harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

*** g90 2/8 p. 11 What Happened to the Dinosaurs? *

**When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time. They were no mistake, no product of evolution. That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Thus, the fossil record does not support the evolution theory. Instead, it harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.

Yes, why not outright lie and misrepresent as long as we have already told our followers not to make any personal inquiries into the subject. They'll never know...

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Badboy,

I'm not sure what I'm talking about sometimes and I have to have it explained to me .,when you come up with the questions I go off into imaginary land. I just hope I don't get taken for a case needing suitable treatment.

I'm just glad to get a reply sometimes.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

No they believe they were killed off by hemorrhoid impact., definately.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Most JWS do not have the intellect or the education to support scientific theory its just not there, they think only what they are suppose to think

any kind of analytical subjective reasoning does not play a role in their mindset at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit