DO JWS BELIEVE DINOSAURS WEERE KILLED BY ASTEROID IMPACT?

by badboy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Jaguarbass:

Yes, I have had some problems with "fossil fuel" as well. I’m no geologist, but I have been looking into this subject for years. What gets me about fossil fuel, is the coal seam. It is pretty much around the world, and in places, is up to 70 ft thick. But when you look at layers above the coal seam and also below it, you don’t see the gradual progression into that mineral deposit. This for me puts a question over gradualism, and causes me to think that the past was much more cataclysmic….

Just another link. Not quite a dinosaur as such, but just to show that man did rub shoulders with beasts that are now long gone:-

http://www.welshpedia.co.uk/hist/paviland.shtml

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Mr. Majestic,

Since you are in the U.K. you should take great pride in Simon Winchester's book "The Map That Changed the World."

And, if you haven't read it you really need to. It is a fascinating account about how William "Strata" Smith deciphered the geologic record using sedimentary layers and fossils.

Cheers,

Alex

• Trickie
    Trickie

Yeah dinos were prob killed at the flood. Noah and his sons too may have told stories of the dinosaurs which later turned to myth and may account for the myth of the dragon. I wanna say too that there is a scripture that says something to the effect that there were animals to be destroyed in the flood that were "no longer fit for the earth". I'll look for it later unless someones got it off hand?

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• alamb
    alamb

I was on a Bible study with another "sister" and she told the person there were NO dinosaurs. period. They were created by demons. I choked.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

alamb,

AMAZING!!!

I fear for the future of the human species. (NOT JOKING)

Cheers,

Alex

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

In Jehovah's jurassic jungle lived jungle Jim who used to swing from vine to vine until one day jungle Jayne mistook his todger for a vine and made a bungee jungle leap with her hands clasped firmly entwined .This took Jim totally by surprise and he made the same sound that Tarzan makes ooooooooohaaaaaaaaaa ! , oooooooooohaaaaaaaaa ! x 6., and that made the dinos deaf which resulted in predators of a smaller nature creeping up on the giant size animals and killing them all off before breakfast.

God looked around and said all is good and was best pleased and declared that from that day forward all women will henceforth seek out the long and winding vine and will never ever be able to resist the clasping thereof .As for Eve well that's another story.

• badboy
    badboy

edmonnd dantes,does it help TO BE A CERTAIN KIND OF BADBOY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

• Quandry
    Quandry

they have never definitively stated whether or not humans and dinosaurs co-existed. I do remember reading something to the effect that the dinosaurs may have become extinct by the time Adam and Eve were created, but that they were unsure and the dinos could have died in the flood.

I have gotten rid of all the JW books, but I KNOW I remember one of the books and it was a large one, showing a dinosaur in the water next to the ark at the time of the flood, implying that they died out at this time. It was just the head above the water, and it looked like a carnivore head, a T Rex or similar dino.

I thought at the time, what kind of existence would people have had if there were T Rex running around? People are slow running and soft-easy prey for a velociraptor or any kind of carnivore dino.

Can anyone find this picture I am talking about? It must have been at least fifteen years ago.

• Gerard
    Gerard

In latinamerica they believe the dinosaurs died during the flood. In fact they don't call them dinosaurs but "animales antediluvianos".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit