Christians - What do you believe about Armageddon?

by JayBird 35 Replies latest jw friends

• d.boon
    d.boon

Maybe that’s why you didn't ask the right questions.

• JayBird
    JayBird

d.boon "Maybe that’s why you didn't ask the right questions." What would have been the right questions?

• heathen
    heathen

That's what the WTBTS says about the great crowd , they cease to exist after death and then await a resurrection (no eternal soul). The "anointed" aka 144,000 are instantly sent off to heaven as co-rulers with christ. I believe the bible is talking about complete destruction of the planet earth by fire and natural disaster but after the part where God destroys the kings and their armies and leaves them as bird food , I think that part means there will not even be time to bury the dead and will be a complete victory over any opposing forces to the kingdom.The WTBTS believes the great crowd will survive in their kingdom halls during the end , I think not .I believe all faithful and true believers are carried away by the spirit and people are morphed into a spirit to live out the millennial reign in the city of new jerusalem that descends from the heavens .

• JayBird
    JayBird

"That's what the WTBTS says about the great crowd , they cease to exist after death and then await a resurrection (no eternal soul). The "anointed" aka 144,000 are instantly sent off to heaven as co-rulers with christ."

Atheists also believe there is no eternal soul.

"I believe the bible is talking about complete destruction of the planet earth by fire and natural disaster but after the part where God destroys the kings and their armies and leaves them as bird food , I think that part means there will not even be time to bury the dead and will be a complete victory over any opposing forces to the kingdom.The WTBTS believes the great crowd will survive in their kingdom halls during the end , I think not .I believe all faithful and true believers are carried away by the spirit and people are morphed into a spirit to live out the millennial reign in the city of new jerusalem that descends from the heavens ."

None of this sits right with me. If all humans will eventually become spirit creatures, then what was the point of creating fleshy beings in the first place? After all, God already had angels as companions.

• heathen
    heathen

I said all faithful and true, the rest are destroyed but after the millenial reign there is a second resurrection of people that didn't have a chance at proving loyalty or worthiness so they get a little while and satan is let loose out of the abyss to wreak what havoc he can on them.I think those that make it will be able to become spirits or take human form just like angels do .IMO

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Although I am not a "fundamentalist" christian (by a christian by means of holy spirit), I would like to respond. Thank you!

What we know as "Armageddon" occurs at least 1,000 years after my Lord returns (which has not occurred yet, and the date and hour of which no one but God knows), and after Satan is abyssed. It is NOT the same thing as the "great tribulation," which occurs immediately before my Lord's return. Nor it is the same thing as my Lord's return. It occurs at least 1,000 years later.

It is when, after being loosed from the abyss, Satan goes out to mislead Gog (the "goats" who were cut off from entering the kingdom) and Magog (the spirits who either sinned during Noah's day but did not put faith in Christ when he went and preached to them and those that were hurled down with Satan and so were cut off from re-entering) to come against the Holy City.

The Holy City, New Jerusalem, which is the Bride of Christ and is made up of PEOPLE, has "come down out of heaven" and is "upon the earth." They have returned from the being joined in marriage to the Lamb and have spent that 1,000 co-ruling with Christ, which co-rule consists of separating the "sheep" from the "goats." The "goats" (Gog) and spirits (Magog) are misled by Satan to come against the Holy City... at the place that, in Hebrew, is called "Har-Maggedon." God allows this... because He is "gathering" them there... for the War (of the Great Day of GOD Almighty... and not of Christ).

God will not let them conquer the holy ones or enter the City, however, and so fire comes down out of heaven... from GOD... and destroys them, Gog and Magog. Thus, "the heavens (Magog) and earth (Gog) that are now are stored up for fire."

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit