Need info, please?

by DJ 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in years. I hope you guys are all doing well.

I imagine that most of you have already seen this one on youtube;

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LqX5aQ51uxM

Ok, I knew that the wt said that they are UNinspired even while they claimed to be prophets.. But I didn't know that JR Brown actually gave some sort of an interview saying that they don't have a special pipeline to God.. and that that they are not even spirit-directed.

In that video it says that Brown made those statements in 2006. The delusional man didn't know that they are still baptized into the "spirit-directed organization"???? Ok, I know he is lying through his teeth, so don't answer my question there.

I would really like to know if anyone here has any info on that interview on the youtube video. Is there a transcript of his interview or something that I can show my Jw family? They'd never watch that video. They are all afraid of the net. Anyone with any info about how I can obtain a transcript or whatever that excerpt was taken from, please let me know. Oh, and who was the woman who interviewed him?? Maybe she could help me out..?

..If the person who made that video posts here.. Awesome job!!! TY

• DJ
    DJ

it sure moves fast around here.. sheeesh! My post ended up a gazillion pages back in no time flat!

bumping..

• yknot
  • Fadeout
    Fadeout

Yeah that is a classic audio clip, pure gold. A good piece of evidence to introduce to someone you want to deconvert.

"The Society isn't spirit-inspired, right?"
    "Right."
    "But we've always believed they're spirit-directed, right?"
    "Right."
    "Yeah, that's what I thought too. That's why it seems weird that they just came out and said they're not even spirit-directed."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The problem with this interview is that J.R. Brown is answering the question on whether
    the JW's have anyone who is spirit-INSPIRED. Even the question asked about being
    spirit-directed is compound and first asks if the leaders claim to be "spirit-INSPIRED
    or directed or whatnot" so that J.R. Brown's single word answer of "NO" is for the
    first part about being INSPIRED.

Now J.R. Brown does try to squeak by on answering the interviewer's claim that
    in the 70's, JW's claimed to be the one true organization of God here on earth, but
    "What I am hearing now (in this interview) is that the organization is a little bit more
    mainstream...".
    J.R. Brown says about being mainstream, "That would be for others to decide."
    But he goes on to say that "we in no way made the claim that we are above others
    in any way or that we have some special pipeline to God or special information."

The problem comes when he speaks off the top of his head. If he said the part about
    "pipeline" then the rank and file could swallow that, but certainly the leaders claim to have
    special information and they place themselves above others.

I think his out is that the information is from God and is not special in that anyone can
    become a JW and have the information, and the rank and file do believe that the leaders
    don't technically place themselves above others.

The quotes from WT in the video prove that they want rank and file to think one way,
    then they mislead with technically possibly accurate statements to the media and
    outsiders. So I suppose it all depends on what your definition of "is" is.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

To be fair, when the interviewer asks the bogus question about whether the religion is more mainstream, Brown correctly responds, "that would be for others to decide."

But it seems clear that he heard the interviewers' question of "spirit directed" and deliberately said "no, we don't have anyone who makes that claim."

I first heard this clip in the beginning of my having doubts, and it was a big deal for me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The interview was conducted by LDH who posted the interview and, I believe, a transcript of it, here on JWD. She was magnificent!

Alas, LDH no longer posts on this board.

If you have difficulty finding her posts about this interview, ask me to help.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here's the link to LDH's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/115824/1.ashx

Nathan - you have a pm.

-Aude.

• DJ
    DJ

You guys are great.

Thanks for the links,yknot. I noticed that the transcription is different than the audio.. around the 8 1/2 minute mark of the audio Brown says, "No, we don't have anybody that makes that claim." The transcribed version is off there..

ForOnthewayout: you wrote this:

The problem with this interview is that J.R. Brown is answering the question on whether
    the JW's have anyone who is spirit-INSPIRED. Even the question asked about being
    spirit-directed is compound and first asks if the leaders claim to be "spirit-INSPIRED
    or directed or whatnot" so that J.R. Brown's single word answer of "NO" is for the
    first part about being INSPIRED.

Nahhh, I totally disagree! If you listen to the audio (around the 81/2 minute mark of part 1)

..Lisa asked:

"So neither the volunteer workers nor the Leadership itself, of the Jehovah's Witness church professes to be spirit inspired or..

Brown interrupts her and says.. "NO"

Then, Lisa continues her question ..."directed or what-not?"

AGAIN, Brown says.. "NO, we don't have anybody that makes that claim."

There is no way out for him, imo..

His denial that they don't teach a special pipeline to God thing is another flat out lie.

Hi Fadeout.. I agree. You know, it still is a big deal. I think it is a matter of just how many twists and spins with words can be argued, Jws are notorous for word games. But the simple facts are there clear as day. (see above from audio) He lied with his classic theocratic lying sunglasses on.

Hi Nathan, thanks.. I remember Lisa. She did great! I remember you too! Always loved you!

AudeSapere..Thanks for posting the link to Lisa's thread too.. I haven't read it yet. I will later on. I reeeallly have to cut the grass b/c it's beginning to look like I live in the jungle.

Great work guys..!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thank you, you have a better ear for that line than I had when I first listened to the interview. :) Of course, this wasn't a professional transcript and I did the best I could do with the limited audio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit