Can a Woman be DFd for wearing a pantsuit to meetings?

by LovesDubs 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Im wondering if they are still so tight assed in the organization as to make issue with such matters that they would DF a woman who preferred to wear pants to dresses but still came to the hall. Do you think they wouldnt allow her to enter after awhile? Do they have the right to do that?

I wore a skort once and gave a talk back in like, 1986 and was SOUNDLY reprimanded for wearing apparel that was "masculine and improper for sisters to be wearing". I think they drew straws to see who was going to be the lucky guy to give me THAT bit of council. They picked an elder who was a foot shorter than I am probably hoping I wouldnt be inclined to HIT him.

Comon Dubs...its the frickin 21st CENTURY already.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

some congs allow it (Rapid City, SD), while others do not. I know one hall where a lady wears it and some of the members were quite angry at her and I even heard on 'sister' comment that they should disfellowship this lady for being rebellious. She was never dfed to the best of my knowledge.

• blondie
    blondie

No, I have never seen or heard of this happening. Marked perhaps. Of course, a BOE can kick out anyone for being rebellious, but I have never seen it suggested.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you cannot be arrested for indecent exposure, there's nothing judicial that can be done
    regardless of what you wear to the hall. You can wear JCanon's stage outfit or you
    can wear blue jeans or you can wear your work uniform or your bikini top with a skort.

Yes, all of these might be shocking for active dubs. But they are not "loose conduct."
    Don't expect anyone to talk to you if you are dressed shockingly as an active or recently
    active dub, but don't expect to be thrown out, either. Of course they would counsel you,
    but after that, they could do nothing much.

Edited to add: Mark you. Yes, they might have a generic talk on marking without naming
    you directly. You would be marked anyway if you continued to do this, though.

It would discrimination to kick out a lady in a pantsuit. I am sure Hilary Clinton's photo
    would show up at the lawsuit.

They just expect the members to respect their archaic rules whenever they counsel you.
    They have nothing if you don't obey.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

We had a woman in our hall who wore pants that looked like something MC Hammer would wear. At a quick look, you couldn't tell they were pants. She wore them multiple times to the meetings. And that witch had the nerve to tell me not to use the Kingdom Hall chair piping as garbage receptacles :D

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Why did this thing hiccup and post twice? BTW, love the google ads for nylon panties! :D

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just wearing pants at a boasting session is not generally viewed as a major offense, especially if they know you go directly from work to the boasting session. We had a "sister" in that predicament for a time, that would often show up in work clothes in lieu of missing the whole thing. Of course, that was back in the early 1990s.

What is as likely to happen is they would lose the few "privileges" that they are allowed. "Sisters" that wore pants, without a good excuse, would be viewed as "weak". They would not be allowed to pioneer. They might be looked down by "brothers" seeking a wife that is strong in the cancer. They might be "marked", but that is more likely if the pants are sloppy or borderline indecent. To be found guilty of loose conduct, they would have to be blatantly indecent.

Of course, the hounders might view it as a submission issue. They could disfellowship you for believing that the earth revolves around the sun (even without anything from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to the effect) if they counseled you about it before. The issue would be the disobedience to the hounders, not the wearing of pants per se. At that, they can get you for anything.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Gosh if wearing pants got my privileges removed, and I wasnt allowed out in service or to comment or get assigned any parts...but wouldnt get me DFd, I think I would have done it earlier!! :)

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

A sister could be disfellowshiped for wearing pants. If she is married, her husband will be counseled. If that doesn't work, she will be counseled with her husband present. We would even have the circuit overseer counsel her. If after many attempts fail, she will be "marked". If she continues to refuse, a judicial committee will be formed. She is showing a brazen attitude. By this time she is probably doing it to call attention to herself, being headstrong. Other sisters probably are beginning to imitate or admire her. She is a Jezebel and will have to be removed. Keep in mind this process will take many months, elders will have to show we have tried to help her and she is refusing the help.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Not DFd. However,

You will not be able to tour any of the society's properties if you are of the female persuasion and wear pants.

The husband may lose his privileges if the wife consistently shows a rebellious attitude by wearing pants to the meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit