Can a Woman be DFd for wearing a pantsuit to meetings?

by LovesDubs 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My mom wore pant suits from the early 70's until she stopped attending. They whined, nagged, begged, pleaded, threatened, huffed and puffed and blew their brains in. But she never stopped and they never did anything solid about her.

They are retarded!!!!

• loosie
    loosie
    skort once ........reprimanded for wearing apparel that was "masculine and improper for sisters to be wearing".

lmbo I've never seen a man wearing a skort. how is a skort masculine?!?!

• yesidid
    yesidid
    A sister could be disfellowshiped for wearing pants. If she is married, her husband will be counseled. If that doesn't work, she will be counseled with her husband present. We would even have the circuit overseer counsel her. If after many attempts fail, she will be "marked". If she continues to refuse, a judicial committee will be formed. She is showing a brazen attitude. By this time she is probably doing it to call attention to herself, being headstrong. Other sisters probably are beginning to imitate or admire her. She is a Jezebel and will have to be removed. Keep in mind this process will take many months, elders will have to show we have tried to help her and she is refusing the help.

Love to know where you got that info!!

I wore pants to the meetings for a year or so before I stopped going.

The only person who spoke to me about it was a brother who felt such attire was not as the examples in the Watchtower show.

A few months later he was disfellowshipped for adultrey.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Years ago it terribly cold winter in North Carolina my mother and I decided to wear pants suits to the meetings and in service. This was about 1975 to 1977 and we got some looks but no one said a word. My husband was an elder then and we were freaking tired of freezing in the KH and out in service. We didn't bother to meet with a group for service we just left from home. We stayed toasty and warm in our nice warm pants-suits.

I never heard of any sister getting disf'ed for wearing slacks even active witnesses. Basically I think the Elders would be idiots to challenge it. LOL

Ruth

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, there was a sister who was in good standing who wore only pantsuits. She looked very nice.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

try it and get back to us

• joe_black
    joe_black

Could a man be DFd for wearing a kilt to the meetings? What if he took a bagpipe along with him? lol

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Could a man be DFd for wearing a kilt to the meetings? What if he took a bagpipe along with him? lol

The arsebuggers would try to lift his kilt and sneak a peek at his bootay.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Where I was they didn't mind women wearing trousers (pants) with or without a suit at meetings as long as they weren't tightly fitting and sexually provocative. A few women used them regularly especially in the winter. Nobody cared in the least and why should it matter, trousers and suits or dresses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit