playdate circa 1979

by avishai 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    carla wrote: A question, was it normal for boys who so obviously noticed girls to also play with Weebles?

I don't think they were so much 'playing' with the Weebles as massacring them. And to massacre is definitely an activity of 9-year-old boys.

-Aude.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I'm a decade older than you. We didn't have "play dates". We disappeared after school or on weekends and would come back some time around dark. There was lots of building forts, and flammables. Things like gasoline, flares, match head rockets, hairspray bombs, cattail fuzz and paint thinner that were flammable were a staple play item. Building a huge slingshot out of used innertubes was a noble venture.

• avishai
    avishai

Neither did we, per se, the title started out as "playday" and i screwed up and wrote playdate. You just went over to the neighbors and said "Can so-and-so play?" I miss playing with the old rolls of caps, my parents would'nt let me have cap guns, ironically they let me have a real bb gun at 7. The noise you could make pounding a whole roll of paper caps with a brick...

• avishai
    avishai

Was amazing....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit