What do you thing the next big announcement will be about?

by 5go 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They will be reminded that so many people turn out for big announcements that
    they will have big announcements 3 or 4 times a year. They will announce a new
    format or font for the Kingdom Ministry. They will announce a new GB member.
    They will announce a new instruction for cleaning the toilets or dealing with
    crying babies. Eventually, nobody will care about their big announcements.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Good thoughts and I agree with them all. A few more include:

I saw slimboyfat float the idea of a change in the CO arrangement. Either 1) make the circuits larger and cut the CO visit from twice a year to once with a interim visit from a local non-WT employee (I'm thinking like the city overseer or maybe a substitute CO). That interim visit could be just meeting with the elders and observing a meeting as well as taking care of any "situations" that arise. OR 2) eliminate the CO position altogether and have the substitute CO handle the visits with the occassional DO visit or guest Bethel speaker for the assembly.

Replace regular door to door- This is highly ineffective as we all know. You could replace the regular door to door with special quarterly campaigns. These would be tract campaigns. The first quarter would be the Memorial invitation. 2nd quarter - 4th quarter could be front and back one page tracts with bible study invitations. Pioneers would be responsible for handling all RVs and bible studies and the title would no longer be contingent upon putting in a set number of hours. Elders could follow-up to ensure they are making the required RVs and Studies. This change would mean that the formal reporting of time and other stats would be dropped. Benefits for the WTS would include: 1) less Bethel workers needed to process reports, 2) less printing for slips and other FS items (they've already dropped those bible study report slips), 3) drastically reduced need for literature - produce only what the r&f and RVs/studies purchase. Also would allow the dropping of the Awake, 4) huge burden lifted from BOE (pitch this as allowing more time for "sheparding" or what BS they want).

Form a for-profit division that sells literature at the KH. Make the local congo responsible for collecting any applicable sales taxes. This will allow them to build in a set profit margin and provide them incentive to produce new books (and maybe hire some more creative folks to come up with some new stuff).

If they don't make some of these changes, I think tithing is a real possibility. I believe that would completely blow-up in their faces and would be a horrible strategic move.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

As we know, every big announcement has....as Paul Harvey says....the "rest of the story." I don't give up hope on there being a change in blood. Here's why.

TERRIBLE PRESS. The blood issue is causing more & more households to close the door on the Truth.

Supreme Court of Canada - In May 2008, it will hear a case on a teenager who needs blood. This case comes after alot of bad press on JW blood.

Bethany Hughes in Canada - top news and a HUGE loss for the Watchtower. Mr. Hughes (and every JW in Alberta) can now sue the Watchtower on the blood issue for all the Watchtower's lies. Anderson_Info said that Bethany died from arsenic (recommended by Watchtower's HLC). Apostate viewpoint reported by media.

Sextuplets in Canada - top news. In court, Watchtower could only call up 2 doctors, both of who attended meetings. No secular doctor would put his endorsement on the Watchtower's proposed treatement on blood. Apostate viewpoint reported by media.

14 year old Dennis (dead now) in Seattle - top news. Made Seattle mad. Apostate viewpoint reported by media. Grandmother is piping mad at Watchtower & is bab press too.

Japan - top news that the country will give transfusions to all under 16

Denmark - Ever reluctant to grant adoptions to JW parents due to blood issue.

Ireland Twins - Top news in Ireland last week. Ireland was mad, courts to give twins blood. Another Watchtower blood loss. Apostate viewpoint reported by media.

Ireland Mom - Despite saying she was a JW, the court forced her to accept blood. Judge uses "misrepresentation" in his opinion. Apostate viewpoint reported by media.

Brittish Mom - Dies after having twins. Causes lots of bad press. Apostate viewpoint reported by media.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

re changing the blood policy to a "conscience" matter - I agree with Skeeter that is a real possibility. They've already set the stage in the August 2007 Awake about blood when it refered to blood as a "liquid organ" (which is what I would consider blood). So, if organ transplants are a "conscience" matter, it is an easy step to say the blood is as well. Still have a prohibitation on eating blood and use the same reasoning as they use with organ transplants. The only thing I think is holding up this change is the potential litigation from those whose families died refusing blood transfusions. However, that hasn't stopped them in the past.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The new release of Governing Body trading cards ! They'll come in a baseball card like pack but without the stick of gum because you disobedient bastards aren't supposed to be chewing gum in the Hall anyway.

Along with cool nicknames!

Pierce the Piledriver

SleeperHold Losch (because of his somnolescence inducing talks)

Herd the Hun.

Retired Hall of Famers:

Hammertime Henschel.

Machine-Gun Gangas.

If they market it, it can be made into a video game, each GB member with his own signature move.

BTS

• 5go
    5go

Of course it could be another Seinfeld announcement.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I'm also guessing blood. The fact that it is now OK to let the courts order blood and not fight it shows that the WTS is pretty much abandoning it. Someone can tell me if I am wrong but there hasn't been a big anti-blood article that I can remember in awhile.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Burger,

I think you are talking about the apostate, "BIG" article on blood, the "Misrepresentation" article. The apostate attorney wrote it. I'm pretty sure she's been doing radio, newspaper, magazines interviews whenever JW blood spills. Yesterday, she was on a talk show in Dublin. DogPatch linked to a freeminds site that had it.

http://www.freeminds.org/media/newstalkireland.mp3

Skeeter

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Nisan 14, 2009 - finger sandwhiches at the Memorial.

"Take, eat, this means my... hey, pull my finger!"

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

There are donuts in the breakroom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit