Prediction: Poorest attended DC's in recent history in 2008

by oompa 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Even for those who come there will be less money to drop into the contribution box.

I predict some significant changes to the assembly schedule within a year or so.

• yknot
    yknot

Maybe it will make the WTS consider moving some of the DCs back to 'fun' cities!

We use to have ours in San Antonio but now are stuck with boooring Belton....

Oh wait that can't happen because there will be less donations to the WTS and more to SeaWorld and FiestaTexas!

WTS LURKERS>>>>>>>((((Why stop at hotel arrangements ...go for total package with theme parks!!))))<<<<<<<<

I am thinking more will join Yahoo groups that link up audio/video of DCs around the world or view them on Youtube.

If there is another book release.......well not like it is gonna be used for another two or more years.

In fact I just received the some tidbits and snipits of the Canadian Zone.....haven't read the full email or listened to the audio.

• oompa
    oompa

Funny LuvDubs...the last one I went to I morphed into a teenager, texting my son and his friends on the top row across the coliseum!! I got into trouble with my wife when I laughed out loud once....phone text was the best thing to happen to conventions.........................oompa

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970
    the last one I went to I morphed into a teenager, texting my son and his friends on the top row across the coliseum!! I got into trouble with my wife when I laughed out loud once....phone text was the best thing to happen to conventions

So you're the reason they specifically mention "no texting" in our yearly commandments about the district convention. I bet you put on a gallon of cologne, too.

er

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

first year not going. gonna spend the money on a recliner and it feels great, not going and the recliner.

• golf2
    golf2

Hang-on folks the worst is yet to come!

Golf

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Golf what do you think you mean by that? "the worst is yet to come"?

• dinah
    dinah

My last DC was in 1985.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    and BTW, have JW's lost a home to foreclosure yet...how could the congo let that happen???

My guess is yes. I remember having a conversation with an elder in Florida around the time of the real estate top in 2006. He was so excited about how it was a blessing from Jehober how so many of the brothers were benefiting from the increase in RE prices.

I am sure that more than a few got home equity loans and used the proceeds to increase their lifestyle and pioneer. I can almost guess which ones took advantage of this blessing from jehober. I also know these same people are suffering from the implications of a sub prime loan mess.

I am not sure what the individual congregations can do. If I was in, I would not feel obligated to rescue someone from a stupid financial decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit