Anyone else called an apostate for knowing the new info early?

by bronzefist 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I was surprised how many people in my cong already knew ahead of time. One made the remark "it's all over the internet". Are all my friends as apostate as me?

By the way if the elders try to bust your balls about it just tell them it's not your fault some p.o.'s out there can't keep a secret. And don't apostates spread lies? Why would they spread truths? (Then allow for preprogrammed answer about Satan and his followers transforming themselves into angels of light.)

Me? I'm just going to claim I got the info from a certain elder I used to know. He lives in another congregation and I can't stand him. Let him talk his way out of it. Serves him right for being an a**hat.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    Me? I'm just going to claim I got the info from a certain elder I used to know.

LOL!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Unless you live in a town with a congregation of 2 - there should always be a way to wiggle out of the 'How did you know?' type of questions.

'I know a bethelite - who let it slip in conversation.'
    'I have a friend who knows a bethelite.'

(NOTE: Any references to knowing bethelites is considered as good as knowing Jesus personally.)

'I over-heard it in a conversation a presiding overseer was having.'

...and the list goes on.

The main thing is to throw the suspicion off of you - and onto some other un-named third person who blabbed.

If they ask who - just say you cannot remember... it was a while ago - and you've slept since then.

Regards,

Jim TX

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If asked how I knew I was going to say I got it from someone who is still inside the organization at the top level, but who has secretly disassociated and is acting covertly to aid the apostates. And that this person knows if they show themselves they will lose their family and friends and so have decided to stay inside acting as a double agent. Id throw in too that there are hundreds of thousands of such individuals infiltrating the organization and perhaps even their own elders are not to be trusted.

bwah hahahahahahahaaaaaa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No, damn it! My MIL hasn't even acknowledged that my daughter told her I said it would happen. SHe just told my daughter it was a lie. This was on Thursday night when she babysat.

momz

• wings
    wings

I was careful not to let on I knew, that would be a red flag that I'm on the internet, which might lead them HERE....that would not be good.

I was surprised how many people in my cong already knew ahead of time

They all knew ahead of time, but I knew first!

wings

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Thanks everyone. I've know these elders for 20 years all are "old school". Been up and down and all around the block with them. They have always considered me a "maverick". Use to piss them off when I was an MS. I always used those NEVER asked to be up on the platform helping me with a service part. They flipped out when I used the Wizard of OZ characters in a service part.

brzfst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit