If you hadn't ben a JW how would your life be different??

by karter 27 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

In reading these boards for years now I always wonder what great minds were lost to the cult? The person who could have been a great scientist and cured diseases, the next Mozart, some great artists, and so on. Many have picked up the pieces and gone on to education but for many time has seemed to run short and the notion of going to school for years and years at a late age and then having a career is unrealistic, not to say it can't be done. For others the time it takes to get through the emotional & spiritual bagage is daunting enough and cannot yet focus on what they really want to be when they 'grow up'. (not meaning that in a derogotory way, just a way in which worldly people mean it)

Of course that happens in the worldy world too. We make bad choices in our young lives and get to be middle age and realize we messed up and need more education or haven't followed our dreams. The difference is that at least they were our own bad choices not inflicted upon us by an organization. We had the choice to make and have only ourselves to blame.

• bdaddy4507
    bdaddy4507

would have went on to be a pro football player or possibly baseball but not as a j w to much bad influence had to stay on the straight and narrow path

• real one
    real one

I would probably be less open minded. i wasnt baptised but it had positive and negative affect on me. my moral values increased. I probably would have went to college

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Yeah I would have been a lot happier and a lot richer. Thinking that the end was nigh made me not want to prosper.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I would have been either a navy brat, or living in CA helping my parents in our pot garden.

momz

• sspo
    sspo

I would not have lost my family and be richer.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wouldn't be looking at the day the hounders are going to round up a crew to recapture me and have one of the hounders' family host me. From there, I wouldn't be dreading having to pioneer under tight security (so I can't bust out again), join the Value Destroyer Training School, and ultimately be used by Jehovah Baghead to start the Second Dark Ages.

No way I want that on my conscience--it's even worse than the pedophilia issues!

• Mary
    Mary

Don't get me started.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I hate to even think of that..............I know I would never have met my husband, wouldn't have my kids and grandkids. I know I wouldn't know the difference, but I just can't imagine a world without all of them in it.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I wouldn't have the virulent love of liberty or understand the human condition nearly as much as I do. Thank you JayDubyas! I will include your contributions to my development when I do my "part of this world" and time has come to write my memoirs.

If my big splash happens to include the destruction of this wicked cult, hey, won't that be ironic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit