New announcement from the 1st time zone in the world.

by karter 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

I could be wrong, but this is a change related to the $13 million payout to those molested recently. Book studies in private homes are usually more relaxed with people sticking around to socialize. ( Had a book study in my home for 3 years.) Pedophiles can more easily have an opportunity to seek out victims. "Hey, I need to use your bathroom, ok?" As the walk past kids bedrooms...etc. Lawyers see lawsuits on the horizon…better safe than sorry (not for the victims ,of course, but for the pocketbooks of WTS). If it was because of gasoline prices the idiots would cancel the 3 day conventions. Just my opinion.

brzfst

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My mother in law says the new arrangement shows we are "so close to the end". The guillibility makes me embarrassed to be human.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I mentioned the same thing once. That they would look at it as an Eco freindly green thing to do. Save gas.

Quirky1

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My mother in law says the new arrangement shows we are "so close to the end". jwfacts

Wonder what the excuse will be 25 years from now.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well.....my daughter told my mother-in-law that there wasn't going to be a bookstudy anymore. She said it was a lie. BAM!!! Thanks to my friends here at JWD, I know something before my MIL!!!!

momz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More time for families? Do they mean more time for field circus? I bet they will come out with that come September in a Kingdumb Misery Circus Meeting part.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I can't get my mind around the part where Jdubs say this means the end is even closer. The escape plan was just canceled. How does that show we're closer?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's the usual deviousness again the reasons given have nothing to do with the real reasons which they serve to hide. It's the usual lying and dishonesty (why can't they be straight for once when dealing with the R&F and stop treating them like naive and dumb little children) but how nice of them to be so sensitive and worry about the little money dubs have to pay for attending book studies.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I don't think there's anything devious or malevolent about this. It's just a smart thing to do, really. Under the current system, it's possible for a maximum of 3 congregations to share one kingdom hall. Any more than that and you have incredible meeting schedule nightmares, especially when the CO shows up. Now that meetings will only happen on two nights a week, it will be possible to have one kingdom hall host more than 3 congregations.

I think this is a good move from a logistics standpoint, everybody wins. As far as the motivations, it could be a self-serving thing on the society's part by virtue of the fact it will stimulate growth. But again, it's one night a week where dubs won't have to get themselves and their families ready, so everybody wins. I'm betting this is stemming from that report that Jehovah's Witnesses have the highest turnover rate.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

It makes you wonder though: if this is really about gas, then why didn't they do this a long time ago in Europe, where gas was over $5 a gallon for quite a while? Or, was that the arrangement in Europe? I know the administrative stuff isn't always the same in other countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit