It's official....Bookstudy is DOA

by CoonDawg 50 Replies latest jw friends

• mind my own
    mind my own

Why couldn't they have put this arrangement into place when I was still in? I could have really used an extra night for personal study or for the field ministry!! Shucks!

MMO

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

AK Jeff - you really posted a copy of the letter on the KH door! I wish I had thought of that! cool...

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Is it really true that the sited gasoline prices as one of the reasons? Ummmm...... gas has been extremely high-priced in the rest of the world forever. High gasoline prices are only a new phenomenon for those of us living in the United States. Just ask anybody from the UK, where they buy gasoline by the liter! They usually pay per liter what we pay per gallon. So, I guess that excuse really doesn't cut it for me. The real reason is that nobody wants to go to meetings during the week. People have to work, kids have to do homework and study and lets face it, how many damn times can you study the Revelation! book before your brain tries to escape through your earhole? Bottom lines, ALL JW meetings suck pendulous donkey scrotum and the attendence statistics confirm that fact. Now, if they could just cut it down to one meeting for an hour on Sunday and celebrate Christmas.....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yeah, that was the first thing I thought of - pretty stupid of them to say that Satan is making life harder with higher gas prices when Europeans for instance have been paying a lot more than Americans for a long time. Discriminates against the rest of the world, doesn't it? I wonder if JWs around the world will get pissed off?

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

My elderly Mom in Europe was told that the reason for the Bookstudy change were the gas prices. I thought she misunderstood, because it sounded so rediculous. But when I read the comments here this morning, I noticed it must have been part of the GB letter! Who would seriously believe that that was the reason? ?

Well, with the WTS going more and more corporate, it's just a way to legally gain more control over the meetings and the followers. Sad. I so want to get my poor old mother out of the WTS, but it's all she has. She lives in the boondocks, and depends heavily on the "friends" for groceries and doctor's visits. I don't want to take that away from her...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yeah, my mohter was faithful to the end. It was the only life she knew, so I didn't try to change her mind. If she had been younger with more resources I might have tried to talk her out of it.

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

Thank you Hortensia. That was encouraging to hear. It's a tough decision. But ultimately it's just best to leave her alone in this regard.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The JWs can't survice in mainstrean America unless they adopt more mainline doctrines. They have to get their blood doctrine more mainline by just out and out accepting blood transfusions when it's best for the patient's health. The patient has NO CLUE what is mainline, since they are hoodwinked by the Witnesses, but they'll make it eventually so that people will be able to accept blood transfusions, full force, without a penalty, since this will make it so they won't be challenged in Court so much.

People have to understand that RELIGION follows the money. If you keep getting SUED by girls that have been molested by your ministers,and THEY are winning, you will adjust your policies accordingly, and begin to report when people get molested. Just like the Catholic church. As long as no one was reporting, no one cared, and they got off, scot-free. Sorry.. it's not like that anymore.

The FLDS:

I'm sorry that Texas took all their kids, and put them in foster homes, but we know that authoritative religions will cause them to lie. ALL of thdse kids need to be protected because only a few of them might be abused. How can Texas know which one, who, etc. when they don't even keep records of who their children are, and which parents are which? Texas is doing a good thing. They are keeping these children safe until a good investigation is done.

CG

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Has anybody scanned the letter? That would be cool to see it here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The end for me at book study was the Isaiah book. That was the most boring, redundant, mindless study to be printed. It was absolute torture.

Several of us were commenting how this time could be better spent. I remember that BS attendance was at an all time low during this BS.

When I heard they were digging up the carcass known as the revelation book I couldn't be more surprised. What is left in that book that hasn't been replaced with a new thought?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit