News Flash! Letter from Governing Body announcing meeting schedule changes

by mizzarco 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Does this new arrangement mean that Field Circus groups no longer have a "book study" point to meet at?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

"After engaging in a great amount of meditation and prayer, we have decided...." If you had to break down the words of this sentence..Engaging...Great Amount....Meditation....Prayer, what would you conclude about the Governing Body's way at arriving at a decision that would require at least a 2/3, two thirds vote to make any kind of changes, whether it be meeting attendance or any other doctrinal change such as the recent "Generation" new light understanding?

Really, come on, did they really engage in a great amount of meditation and prayer in order to decide to make this change with the book study and to arrive at new understanding on the generation doctrine?

Me thinks not so. Me thinks, its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, nothing personal friends, its just business. What do you think?

Blueblades

• Gregor
    Gregor

The mention of cake, cookies and punch after the study (I attended one of those studies for a couple of years) reminded me of the home of a brother who would turn on the TV at the instant the study ended, like "In Jesus name, Amen.....click". His favorite program, as I recall, was The Naked City. Everyone cleared out as he craned his head around them like a gooney bird. The conductor knew better than to run over time.

• Johan Hultgren
    Johan Hultgren

I think its intresting that they dont mention Jehovahs direction. The say: "The Governing Body understands ....", "we do not want you to bear any more burdens...." and "we have decided..." etc What do you think about that?? /Johan

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    Thanks, Frank, I didn't realize you translated Spanish. Miss your graphics.

Thanks, Blondie. Here's a graphic some might like:

Frank

• journey-on
    journey-on
    think its intresting that they dont mention Jehovahs direction. The say: "The Governing Body understands ....", "we do not want you to bear any more burdens...." and "we have decided..." etc What do you think about that?? /Johan

Welcome, Johan. Good to have you on board with us.

Here is what I think about their constant use of "we" and "The Governing Body": It is a subtle use of phrasing to implant the thought that they are in control and they are the ones that set the rules and

the way they cleverly arrange words makes one think that they are practically one and the same as Christ in that they are the mediator between the poor rank and file and Jehovah.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So how does this fit in with "food at the proper time"?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Well I guess that is one less meeting our brothers and sisters in primative lands will not have to walk through miles of jungle and wade through alligator infested swamps to get to. Praise Jah!!!

LRG

• fjtoth
  • greendawn
    greendawn

Still the myth of the GB in the early church that never existed and the old complex of persecution by the devil. It looks like the book study is a big burden. It's not the one hour but rather the material that is a dead boring unbearable burden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit