Movies I missed growing up a witness?

by inkling 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Anyone remember Saturday Night Fever?

I do. I went anyways. Then me and my friends tried to get girls to do an "Annette" with us in the back seat! LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, I remember the Saturday Night Fever incident. I never saw the movie, but I have the soundtrack (and they wanted me to throw it away for bad content). I heard that they lowered the rating to PG from R for a time, so more people could see it (I guess they edited some of the language and other inappropriate material out so they could reduce the rating).

I have seen other movies like E.T., Tron, and Sleeping Beauty. (Yes, Sleeping Beauty.) I videotaped it from HBO, for my own personal use, and hid the tapes from Brother Hounder. (Just like I hid my music.)

More recent, Supersize Me (a documentary about a McDonald's experiment where the person eats nothing but McDonald's food for a month, under medical supervision). This film is PG-13, including a few swear words (including the F word once). Nothing dirty about it, aside a handful of appropriate dirty words. And I have the impression that the Witlesses still banned it.

• wings
    wings
    Supersize Me

I'll never eat a McDonald's french frie again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit