Movies I missed growing up a witness?

by inkling 22 Replies latest jw friends

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

If you are OK with very dark comedies, then rent Very Bad Things!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Mom dragged me and my friend out of the cinema about 5 minutes into Ghost Busters. I was 14 and my school friends were there. She said she didn't realize there were going to be ghosts in the movie. When we got home she made us kneel down and pray. Good times....

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

LOL, she didn't think there would be Ghosts in Ghostbusters? Wow! Very funny....

• Galileo
    Galileo

I love movies, even moreso now that I can actually watch the ones for grown ups. Here are some of my favorites:

Lucky Number Slevin

The Usual Suspects

The Lord of The Rings Trilogy

The Matrix (it's a trilogy, of course, but the first one is an awesome stand alone movie and the sequels actually make the original less good).

About A Boy

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Lord of War

Everything Is Illuminated

Donnie Darko

Fight Club

Primer

The Departed

Road to Perdition

Superbad

Super Troopers

The Prestige

The Spanish Prisoner

The Sixth Sense

Unbreakable

Pop some popcorn, and enjoy!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    LOL, she didn't think there would be Ghosts in Ghostbusters? Wow! Very funny....

We brought up that very point on the way home, but got nowhere with her. Mom's not the brightest crayon in the box. It's funny looking back now, but not so funny at the time.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Hey you guys,

where's inkling????? He just left us on our own to get into trouble?

h4o

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Dark City is one of my favorites.

Also Blade Runner

• loosie
    loosie

the exorcist all the halloween movies.

The one I really miss I can't think of the name of it. It was around 1991 or so. It was a mob movie. had a really good looking dark haired actor in it. oh I wanted to see that one soo bad because he was so good looking. I would go rent it now but I can't remember the name of it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Anyone remember Saturday Night Fever? Not only were we not allowed to see the movie, but when the TV version came out, with all the good parts cut out, we still were not allowed to see it.

Did finally see it years later.

lisa

• cawshun
    cawshun

Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit