Predict How JWs Will Accept The New Announcement

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Ooooh .... aaahhhh .......

The end must be soooooooooooooo close!! The Ark door is closing. Get in quick!!!!!

This is your last chance to survive Armageddon!!!

Have you picked out which neighbourhood house you want to live in yet?

• boyzone
    boyzone

I think it will depend on the group. My mum and dad have their group during the day for older ones. Its a lively gathering with tea and biscuits afterwards, a games evening once a month and regular days out and trips to the theatre arranged. All just for this group.

I think they're gonna miss this alot.

• chickpea
    chickpea

Jaw Dropping

followed by

Bouncing

culminating in

Hand Clapping

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Older/hard-line Witnesses: disappointed and confused; will manage to bring their thinking in line with Mothership at some point in the not too distant future.

Younger/more normal Witneses: a little surprised; inwardly over the moon; will not have any trouble adjusting as less is required.

Witnesses with a vestige of thinking ability: wondering how it fits in with Hebrews 10:25.

• wings
    wings
    Will they be disturbed?

No, are you kidding these people are board to death. They live for these changes, if nothing else, it gives them something new to talk about.

Happy?

You can't be a JW without at least pretending to be happy about anything that comes out of any orifice of the WTBTS

Thinking this proves the end is nearer than ever???

Everything proves this....everything. So yes, the end is near. Now tell me something I don't know. BTW, funny comments thanks I needed that. wings

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

They will gulp it down just like they have gulped down every single change before this. If they have doubts they will stuff them down deep inside and put on their clown faces and just love it.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Most JWs will be relieved. I remember going to a saturday BS. It was perfect...service then the BS. It gave me a free night during the week.

However, after several weeks of the BS change I think many will start to wonder especially folks that have given up career opportunities not to miss meetings.There are plenty of JWs that complain about the sacrifices that they've made and feel like they are struggling unnecessarily when they see the current JWs not pioneering and going after secular pursuits. Plus, where is there reliance on Jehovah? The change is because of gas prices? I don't buy it and I think some JWs will see through it after having a free night to think about it.

I really think this BS change will cause numbers to decline in long run. If they want to get membership up, they need to drop the DF'ing thing and allow folks to celebrate holidays. If they did that, I think the halls would be standing room only.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"The FDS under the loving direction of jehovah has made another change for the benefit of the sheep." What else would the brain dead jw drones think except that everything the FDS does is god inspired or directed, as the case may be, and for the benefit of jehovah's people. It's unthinkable that it would be otherwise.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think many will react by heading for the exits. Not immediately, but the keeping of dubs on a constant cycle of meeting attendance where they're never away from their brethren for more than a couple of days at a time has been one of their key control mechanisms now for decades. Which is why it's so surprising to me (but happifying!) that they're dropping down to two official meeting times per week. More time away from the "friends" and the indoctrination sessions means JW's will be spending an increasing amount of time in the real world, a world which takes little to no note of them and their weird collective fantasy.

It's a big gamble, making a mainstreaming move like this, and I don't see where it will pay off. Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of the end of JWism.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

it is a loving arrangement from the Slave Class. (Crap - their pockets are now being stung by the cost of gas)

It just goes to show how in touch with the brothers they are that they realize we need a night we can do our fambly study or extra field circus without feeling harrassed.

The groups were becoming hotbeds of doubt and apostasy - what loving protection the Slave Class gives us...

Of course the real change is because the Americo-centric Gibbering Buddy has suddenly noticed that fuel has become expensive in the US. They don't care that brothers in Europe have been paying way more for decades.

And of course not once in the last few decades did it occur to them that "perhaps" the pregnant sisters in Africa would appreciate one evening less of wading through crocodile infested swamps to hear this life giving truth.

It is also an admission of defeat. Guilt tripping the congos about poor attendance of the BS has not worked. At least if they get 25 minutes of the climax book at the Kingdumb hell, some propaganda will hopefully sink in.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit