I thought meeting in small groups was a protection when persecution comes

by JimmyPage 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

So they're doing away with the book study? I thought that was the safe haven when the authorities finally banned the meetings at the Kingdom Hall and persecuted us (according to JW prophecy), meeting in small groups at people's homes. Any thoughts?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While you have pretty much nailed what they have been saying, the average members
    will not complain about this. They will just feel that the small service group is still a
    protection and it could always "meet" in the private home when persecution hits the
    Kingdom Hall building.

It does fly in the face of what they have been saying. "The bookstudy allows for
    more getting to know each other in a smaller, tighter group. It allows more commenting."
    Yadda Yadda.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Maybe the philospphy's changed to "safety in numbers" .....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

bttt

• AnneB
    AnneB
    I thought that was the safe haven...

That was before liability and lawsuits.

Will sharing vehicles in field service go next?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

All the above poster's comments reflect what I remember being told to us when I was in. Funny how the WTS can make these drastic changes and get away with it.

• DT
    DT

It appears the governing body realises that the great tribulation isn't coming.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It appears the governing body realises that the great tribulation isn't coming.

GASP!!!!!

With THIS new infrmation....I will have to go and lie down now......

• choosing life
    choosing life

Maybe that's why they asked for all that contact info. They knew they were disbanding the book studies. Where will they run?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Whereas meeting in small groups may be a "protection when persecution comes"... it is also, far more frequently and likely to be the place where long DISCUSSIONS about the prophecies and the CHANGES in the publications take place.

As has already been pointed out on other threads... small, independent study groups is where the "witch-hunt" started at Bethel...

It's a fine, fine thing. The more they tighten the reins, the more will slip away. I'm waiting and watching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit