Sex in the new order?

by keyser soze 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Often times, at work, my mind will wander. Just the other day, out of the blue, I began to recall a trip my family took down south, to visit my mom's relatives. I don't remember what instigated it, but my aunt, my dad, and my oldest brother got into a spirited debate about whether or not people would still have sex in the new order.

My dad, after rather awkwardly pointing out how much he enjoyed sex, said he didn't think it would be done away with completely, at least he hoped not. My shrew of an aunt, on the other hand, believed that sex was solely for procreation, and that once perfection was attained, and the earth was filled to capacity, it would serve no further purpose. My brother, the wise, all-knowing elder, was of the opinion that perfect people would probably not have such desires to begin with (wtf?). I, being a horny teenage boy at the time, merely sat and watched in bewildered amusement.

So what do witnesses actually believe about this? Has the society ever written about this in their publications?(Surely they have an opinion) Please tell me, that at some point over the course of eternity, the poor, pathetic souls who have been saving themselves all this time, have before them, at least the prospect of getting laid. God couldn't be that cruel, could he?

• DJK
    DJK
    people would still have sex in the new order.

They won't be able to use the old excuse, "I have a headache". There just might be a bit more nookie going on than you think.

• minimus
    minimus

Sexual enjoyment would not be considered wrong or sinful with a mate. So these arguments are ridiculous, These people make it sound that sexual desire is bad. If it was, God wouldn't given creation the ability to feel soooooooooooo good.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Concerning the ressurected ones:

(Mark 12:24-25) . . .Jesus said to them: "Is not this why YOU are mistaken, YOUR not knowing either the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 For when they rise from the dead, neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but are as angels in the heavens.

*** w61 11/15 p. 704 Questions from Readers ***So for dead ones with spiritual, heavenly hopes and for dead ones with earthly Paradisaic hopes the rule enunciated by Jesus Christ stands unaltered: "In the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven." (Matt. 22:30) At the flood of Noah’s day angels were punished for entering into marriage, which in that instance was with the daughters of men because they were so lovely-looking. (Gen. 6:1-4) In the resurrection of the "other sheep" on earth, no former married person will have occasion to envy another former married person, as would be the case if this latter one got back his former marriage mate who had remained single, whereas the envious marriage mate does not get back his former partner because this partner remarried and survived Armageddon with his new marriage mate. What the resurrection promises men is, not remarriage, but reliving, and this under God’s kingdom by Christ. Is that not something satisfying? Has anyone a right to demand more through Christ’s sacrifice? Christ died for you, not to marry, but to live! Let us not be swayed or overcome by sentimentalism or emotionalism.

***w549/15p.575QuestionsfromReaders***After that final test there will definitely be no marrying or being given in marriage then by those counted worthy of the new world and having the right to eternal life, just as angels have that right. But even before the gaining of the everlasting new system of things these ones brought back in the resurrection of mankind do not marry, because even prior to the final test they are children of the resurrection. Their being debarred from marrying and being given in marriage does not wait until their names are written in the book of life and they are counted worthy of the everlasting system of things. (Rev. 20:12, 15) By the time they return from the dead through a resurrection paradise will have overspread the earth and the token fulfillment of the procreation mandate will have been effected by the Armageddon survivors and their offspring. (Gen. 9:1; Matt. 24:37; Luke 23:43) That work will have been accomplished by those of the "other sheep" class now living and who survive Armageddon. They are not precluded from marriage and childbirth by the words of Jesus at Luke 20:34-36, since they never die and hence are not children of the resurrection.
  • journey-on
    journey-on

I always wondered if we would REALLY have to spend ETERNITY with our current husband/wife!

As much as we love our spouses, would anybody really want to spend all of eternity with the same man/woman?

Maybe every thousand years or so, we could swap, or rotate periodically. But then again, I guess boredom won't

be an emotion in the New System.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Keyser, that was the question I waited two hours in line two ask Frederick Franz in the 80's. He didn't have an answer and said " I don't know". This guy was the epicentre of the witness universe, so I guess it's still an open question from a witness point of veiw, unless......... new light has come along since.

Perhaps asking a 90 year old blind man with no kids was not the best place to get the answer from. Just make it up as you go. Thats what Freddy did!

• flipper
    flipper

I enjoy sex in the old order thank you very much ! I'll stick with that ! If you wait for the new order ; they might take away oral ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper Oh! Wait a minute, they already did that ! LOL!

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

It is a moot question.

There will be no new order.

We are all animals just below the skin and sex is what animals do along with all of the other things animals do.

Sex will always be here.

Thankfully....

Alex

• DJK
    DJK
    I always wondered if we would REALLY have to spend ETERNITY with our current husband/wife!

I always wondered what would happen if a deceased spouse was resurrected and you had remarried after they passed away. Are we talking polygamy?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Are we talking polygamy?

I believe the correct term is menage a trois.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit