Are elders angels?

by hamilcarr 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aleman
    Aleman

Actually, if you read it in the begining, the elders are not the angels, the elders had angels looking over them to guide them in their decisions they were to make. The elders were normal human beings with knowledge of the truth and angels on their sides.

-Aleman

• JK666
    JK666

Aleman,

Most elders I know are pretentious twits, with no angel on their shoulder. Kinda like you.

JK

• ninja
    ninja

they just think they are....and their wives do too......even their feminine hygiene products have wings

• Aleman
    Aleman

JK666, You haven't read the bible have you? this is why you attack me this way since you haven't read what it says. Well, that was 'inteligent' of you.

-Aleman

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think elders are lampshades

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    if you read it in the begining

What are you referring to?

• Aleman
    Aleman

Remember that this is all symbols in Revelations. In the begging it said so and that the angels were one for each congragation.

-Aleman

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

No way, just another vying for more power...on their part.

The stars, angels are the anointed in the congregations.. the best I can see..

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Divinely constituted authority is also a factor within the Christian congregation. Revelation chapter 1 depicts Christ Jesus as holding the "stars" of the congregation in his right hand. (Rev. 1:16,20) In a general sense, these "stars" represent the bodies of elders, or overseers, in the congregation. Such appointed overseers yield to Christ's leadership and imitate his kindly way of dealing with others.

Why do they believe the "stars" mentioned in Revelations foreshadow their own elders arrangement if Rev. 1:20 is quite clear on the identity of these stars?

The seven stars mean [the] angels of the seven congregations, and the seven lampstands mean seven congregations (NWT).
    So once again, we see that supernatural beings have their counterpart in the modern-day organisation: elders are angels. And to draw the analogy even further: these angels listen to the shepherding voice of their leader, the archangel Michael, represented by the "faithful and discreet slave".

Actually, the stars represent the angels that fell from the heavens.

Clearly they are putting it right in your face that WT is being guided by these evil beings.

And to equate elders with being "stars"...what arrogant buffoons.

Isn't there a scripture somewhere that 'god is no respecter of persons"? (or something like that?)

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

GIVE ME A DAM BREAK!!! ARE YOU INSAINE?? ON DRUGS... JUST STUPID YEAL THAT MUST BE IT! THEY ARE JUST YES MEN AND YOU WANT TO CALL THEM ANGLES? PLEASE LEAVE THIS SITE.. THAT JUST MY ANGELIC ADVICE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit