Film "Worlds Apart," screened in NYC - GO SEE IT

by NYCkid 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

I could not get the trailer from the link presented above.

this one worked for me (the site has a lot of other interesting clips):

http://jehovahswitnessesvideo.blogspot.com/2008/01/danish-movie-about-discipline-among.html

interesting to see how our past hidden, rather inexplicable and uneventful lives can be the subject of cinematic drama and romance.

About ten years ago a guy from my cong wrote a novel on his disfellowshipping. It was made into a movie and screened on national television. I don't recall it leading to any commotion ot debate in particular. People just don't get the weirdness of the cult and probably dismiss it as just another vagary of life.

When will the kind of English spoken movie for a wider audience with in depth psychology and intelligent dialogue about the life of a JW ever be made? Enough bio material on this board.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Wow, that looks like a really intense film - I'm a sucker for two-against-the-world romance films anyway, lol. I hope that Netflix will have it eventually.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That will be one good, powerful, intense, sit on the edge of your seat kind of movie! lol

Can't wait to see it, I feel sad already.......

Thanks so much for the trailer!

hope4others

• sandy
    sandy

just marking this page for later . . . Thanks for the info.

• JK666
    JK666

Is it subtitled or dubbed in English?

• sandy
    sandy

I found the movie website and you can see the preview w/ English subtitles.

http://www.toverdener.dk

You probably need to copy/paste . . .

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Nothing inaccurate with an elder with a beard. In Denmark, elders are allowed to have beards. Attended a convention in denmark. Even some of the speakers had beards!!! There are cultural differences even in Jw land...

• chicken little
    chicken little

Yes not to hijack the thread but beards are allowed in Denmark. Sweden is a little bit more touchy on the subject. Ok in Norway. Still you can give a talk at the local assembly with a beard or goatee but not at the district convention...my hubby had to shave his off! Lip dressage is ok everywhere.

The overseers longish hair is a tad too much in the movie otherwise everything else is just soooo realistic that you feel you are back in....help!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Even within a country there are cultural differences. In my local congregation in Norway, not even moustaches were allowed, if you were enrolled at the TMS or wanted to have a privilege, e.g. do the microphone. I also found the hair abit too long for the elder. Also, I heard someone mention that some in the audience at the "assembly" in the movie, had banners, which is not allowed or encouraged by JWs For copyright reasons, I reckon, the literature displayed in the movie, are "fake". the Watchtower is entitled "On Guard" and I would think that if songs are featured, it would be "Kingdom songs" made up for the movie.... My guess though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit