Witness ENJOY Being "Persecuted"!

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

*** w02 7/15 p. 10 par. 5 Add Godly Devotion to Your Endurance ***As those living with "godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus," we expect to be persecuted. (2 Timothy 3:12)

*** w04 8/15 p. 12 par. 3 Hated Without Cause ***Further, the apostle Paul wrote that all of God’s servants—including each one of us—should expect to be persecuted. (2 Timothy 3:12)

*** w93 9/15 p. 23 They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep ***They are strengthened, however, when they are helped to realize that opposition is to be expected and is actually one of the proofs that we are genuine disciples of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:11, 12; 10:32-39; 24:9; 2 Timothy 3:12)

• chickpea
    chickpea

i always thought it rich that a publisher would call an irate householder's remarks to " get the hell off my property" a persecution....seems to me persecution is more about the beliefs and doctrines one holds close, not being told that one is the pain in the ass one actually is..... cos in that case my teenage kids are HUGELY persecuted ;)

• restrangled
    restrangled

It seems that the latest letter from the GB translates to "Satan is very angry with them".....or something similar, so instead of being strengthened.....the GB is wimping out....(dropping a meeting).

I also think they are "heading for the hills" by leaving New York. Kind of like their own compound or Beth Sharim out in the boonies for when the end comes.

What a sham. They have taught the Rank and File to believe every little hurdle is persecution or Satan and the demons toying with them.

r.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

There a sick bunch.

We used to say at our meetings, we are all here because we are not all here.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I think some of what is said on here can just be put down to age, I remember my grandmother being like it and now my none-witness mum has hit 60 it was like suddenly overnight she became a life-complainer, I know all her illnesses intimately now and how much she visits sick friends and how hard it is to do that etc etc I love my kind and caring mum to bits but sometimes i feel like saying "lighten up please" but i know she can't because have experienced a lot of older people finding some kind of succease from expounding hardships and almost reveling in their suffering, I might write a note to myself when I turn 60 and tell myself not to get like this lol.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is how the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants it. People that believe in what they say actually view persecution as a good sign. They think something is wrong with what they are doing if they are not being persecuted.

And thus, they go to boasting sessions no matter what hardship they face (hey, if they can do it with 20 mile walks, crocodile rivers, and mobs of natives, why can't we do it in a measly blizzard). They put money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. They go out in field circus, knowing that all they are doing is ensuring ostracism for themselves. They go to the Grand Boasting Sessions, obey all the stupid rules, and wear that embarrassment (or, now that they are preparing a Second Dark Ages, the SUPER embarrassment) badge. And they will not quit.

• minimus
    minimus

As Blondie and others pointed out, you SHOULD expect persecution, or else you're not a true Christian.

If people wanna get persecution, I guess it's up to them but at least stop complaining about it!!!

• *summer*
    *summer*

Yes, they do ENJOY being persecuted.

Because the more persecuted they get, the more closer to the end they feel (with appropriate bible verses to prove their point, of course:-)

And they can hardly wait for the end to come! So...

...bring on the persecution*

• minimus
    minimus

Also, let's say a JW is a mediocre believer,. The fact that he can say he's being persecuted for righteousness' sake shows that he's not so mediocre after all. It gives him validity. So if he's irregular in service or meetings, at least he refuses a blood transfusion and is willing to die for the cause. That should count for something!

• DJK
    DJK

Persecution is a test of strength fitting for Jehovah.

I can't believe I said that!!!!

Minimus, you have a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit