Illegal Immigrants in Congregations

by joelbear69 26 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

On a recent trip home to Valdosta GA, my father stated that 1/2 of the local
    Spanish congregation were illegal immigrants.

A friend this morning whose mother is a witness has heard similar things
    from her.

Does anyone have any other information about illegal immigrants hiding
    in JW congregations.

thanks

Joel

• Pwned
    Pwned

i don't know if hiding is the term i would use , but yeah its very common in spanish congregations.

• TopHat
    TopHat

How do they hide in the congregations? Are legal members of the KH helping them by giving them a place to hide or is the WTS hiding illegals for slave labor.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is a known problem here in Minnesota too. "Undocumented" immigrants cannot have congregation privileges.

One young man who was very smart, able to speak 4 languages fluently, was a ministerial servant apparently with a bright future in the JW organization, until he married a very attractive but undocumented immigrant sister. He was taken down from ministerial servant after the wedding.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

This is a problem in my area also (unfortunately, not free to divulge) from what I have heard from some congregation elders.

• nelly136
    nelly136

so the borg is kindly rounding up illegal imigrants to a known place at known regular times? oh dear, hope immigration busting services dont get to hear about that.

could severely hurt the publisher counts in those areas if they were picked up.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is a must in California, if the WT is to have any possible demographic from which to recruit and grow.

Providing sanctuary for such individuals in a KH puts the WT in league with the Roman Catholic Church.

Personal note: When I traveled to Canada 5 years ago the immigration stopped me and turned me back as a "document deficient person" for not having enough paperwork other than a drivers license.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    "Undocumented" immigrants cannot have congregation privileges.

One young man who was ... a ministerial servant apparently ... until he married a very attractive but undocumented immigrant sister. He was taken down from ministerial servant after the wedding.

This is a quandry. Welcome everyone, but what about Ceasar's law? How many examples have we heard about the poor person who found Tha Lawd of JWs and gave back what he stole? Or the couple who realized they just must legalize thier commonlaw marriage. Or the scofflaw who paid all those parking tickets. Or that going over the speed limit is a great disservice to Jah. Or to not even think about taking home that paperclip from work without paying for it.

If there are illegals in the KH (I've never seen them) then wouldn't the Body and/or CO tell them they should obey the law and go home? Or at the very least pay income tax where required.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah, churches (and, in fact, all humans consciences) should be completely subservient to the whims of nationalistic fervor.

Simon, could you provide us with a larger :eyeroll: emoticon, maybe something in the 900 point type size range? The current :eyeroll: sizes just don't cover the sarcasm needed to give absolution to idiotry such as found in this thread.

• Pwned
    Pwned

Should they be turning in speeders as well, how about people that park in handicapped spots illegally. Being here illegally is a not a felony, it is not even a misdemeanor. I don't know of any church that checks on people's citizenship status before they are allowed to enter. even limiting their roles in the congregation is going too far as far as i am concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit