Indigo Children

by feenx 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. That was inspiringly awesome.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Everyone has special powers... most people don't realize it's just a natural part of being human.

Heck, sometimes I can predict the future. No, seriously, there are people that can vouch for me. Only a few seconds in advance, but when I am sharp enough I manage to blurt out what is about to happen and then it happens and I get looked at funny and of course I play it up for all it's worth.

Everyone experiences intuition in a different way, but I don't think it's a power that is confined to just a few lucky ones.

Check out this guy.

• zensim
    zensim

Isn't the talk amazing? I believe everyone should see it!

For me it actually helped me explain to my still-Witness family members what I am interested in and demystify the whole 'spiritual mystic' experience. I see it as a normal human function that can be cultivated. Just because in the past it was only mystics, great 'teachers', gurus, Christ, Buddha ("whatever") that spontaneously accessed this state makes it no less possible for us and completely re-frames the message they were imparting. On the other hand, it also mitigates the effect of religion because it reduces the 'enlightened' state to a biological process.

Thank you Fadeout - that was a beautiful article.

Re persons with Asbergers and Autism. I have a family member with asbergers, a friend with asbergers and have worked with clients with asbergers. I know this is a very complex way of being, with so many theories and 'solutions'. In my experience, these people have absolutely beautiful spirits. At the very extreme end of the spectrum they are so shut down it is quite distressing for family members. But for those who are reasonably functional (such as the guy in the article) - if you have no expectations of what is 'normal' and you are just with them and open - they radiate so much love, such an innocence and wonder - that they can have a profound effect on the way you view their 'disability'. Even writing this I feel my heart welling up and tears in my eyes. I can't explain it, but it is a similar feeling of the total love and awe you feel looking at your newborn. There is an unadulterated purity about them in the way they are so literal, which I personally find it a beautiful magnificent variation of humanness.

Personally, I feel that in some way they are like canary in the mineshafts. And also a very profound example of the potential in all of us. We can learn so much from them and, in no way downplaying the reality of what it is like for families of autistic children, I do believe that they are part of human evolution. Whether they are a result of the negative aspects of our (de-)evolution or an anomoly in our growth to bigger and better things is yet to be determined. Preferably I prefer the latter because I believe our hope as a human species is in slowing down and appreciating their differences rather than viewing them as 'wrong' and trying to make them fit into our distorted world.

Theories like Indigo Children probably do more harm than good (imho) if one takes up that as their only belief system and, like Terry said, use it to avoid reality. At the same time, I believe in re-framing the context in which we see these children and appreciating their gifts - whilst dealing with the reality of bridging our worlds. I think we could do a bit more with the brutal honesty of those with asbergers - they are actually remarkably astute and, if you are not being totally truthful with yourself, their comments can be uncomfortable. Because, if we admit it, we are all still children - we still think the same things in our heads (they just say them out loud). We have just learnt to cloak it in remnant Victorian 'manners' and call ourselves functional adults :)

• journey-on
    journey-on

As I've said many times on this board, I believe humans evolve spiritually as well as physically.

I believe there is SO much more to us than anyone knows. I believe in the concept of Indigo Children,

but I think as I stated in my post above that this term has been hijacked and hyped up and commercialized

to the point that I don't like to use it to describe this generation of children that possess this potential for

quantum leaps in our spiritual evolutionl.

Thank you, Zensim, for posting this website: http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229

Because there are some that will not open this thread to read about Indigo Children, and because I

think every believer, every agnostic, every atheist, every seeker, should see this and absorb the message it contains, I hope

you don't mind if I start a new thread about it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    To FlyingHighNow:

"And I always feel like I am dreaming."

Yep, that's how I feel also. Always have ... and I used to feel that there was something wrong with me. In learning to become more present to life, to accept and welcome all that is, that feeling has grown stronger. In realising this illusory thing we call 'life' I have actually become integrated and now walk consciously through the dream. There is a lucidness here which is so startling in its clarity, encompassing both the dream and the real.

Thank you. I will have a look at that link. I don't always feel very clear. My therapist is convinced that it's all anxiety.

• zensim
    zensim

FlyingHighNow:

Absolutely related to anxiety if this 'dream like' state feels foggy and distant and unclear. One way very sensitive people deal with the sensory overwhelm of daily life in this modern age is to retreat behind this fogginess, as it dulls the edges and makes functioning a little easier. It is much like smearing vaseline on the camera lens to create a soft focus.

However, it is not a great way to deal with reality (though certainly preferable to avoiding reality altogether by putting on rose-coloured glasses or going off into delusion, avoidance, fantasy, paranoia, drugs or other numerous ways people escape). It means that we also then don't feel the potency of all the beautiful things that sustain us - we are numbed out to life.

One of my favourite expressions is "There's a fine line between pleasure and pain" :) I have learnt that in relaxing, in slowing down and opening, often what feels too intense or painful is actually exquisite if I slowly feel it. It is re-learning how to be as children are, such as when fear can just as easily be tranlated as excitement. Yes, you will feel tender, vulnerable and exposed at first and that can be quite terrifying (no protection). Over time however the tenderness changes from feeling like someone (life) is touching a raw, open wound and is just too overwhelming to process - and starts to feel like the tenderness of touching a rose petal or the skin of a newborn. Then you are able to look around and take everything in.

For me it still feels like a dream because everything is in such startling clarity that it feels almost surreal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit