More "new light"? Has anyone got the July 15th WT yet?

by slimboyfat 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I hear there is more "new light" in this magazine. Nothing as big as the "generation" change or scrapping 1935 for the annointed. It might be something to do with some of Jesus' parables. Anyone got details?

Slim

• dozy
    dozy

Dragnet?

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

The only thing I have is this reference on a JW message board.

"And now, having just studied that article we have just received the WT July 15 which contains a refined understanding of Jesus' illustrations of the "dragnet" and the Kingdom of the heavens being like a "mustard seed" and "leaven". These again contain dramatic changes in understanding of these illustrations of Jesus."

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I touched on this some time back.
    One of the changes is re the dragnet.

The WT 92 says What was to happen to the separated fine fish? Verse 48 says that the angelic fishermen-separators "collected the fine [fish] into vessels, but the unsuitable they threw away." The vessels are protective containers into which fine fish are put. Has this occurred in our time? Definitely. As symbolic fine fish have been caught alive, they have been gathered into congregations of true Christians. These vessellike congregations have helped to protect and to reserve them for divine service, do you not agree? Still, someone could think, ‘This is all well and good, but what does it have to do with my present life and my future?’

then goes on:
    You likely know that after 1919 the anointed remnant got busy in the preaching work in cooperation with the angels, who continued to use the symbolic dragnet to haul fish onto the beach, to separate the fine ones from the unsuitable ones. Statistics from that period show that the catch of fine fish for anointing with God’s spirit continued as the last ones of the 144,000 were gathered by the symbolic net. (Revelation 7:1-4) But by the mid-1930’s, the collecting of fine fish for anointing with holy spirit basically ended. Was the congregation of the anointed remnant then to discard the net, as it were, and simply sit idle, waiting for their heavenly reward? Not at all!
    But the change is regarding the following :
    Recall from the illustration that not all fish drawn up by the dragnet experience a favorable outcome. Jesus said that the unsuitable, or wicked, ones will be separated from the righteous ones. To what end? At Matthew 13:50, Jesus described the serious consequence for the unsuitable, or wicked, fish. These will be cast into the fiery furnace, meaning eternal destruction.—Revelation 21:8.

The change is that jut becasue you have been brought into the congregation of anointed chrisitians does not mean you are a "fine fish"

This could be a precurser to the changes in preaching, where it could take on a more internal focus.

• joebin
    joebin

Let me get my sunglasses.. OK, I'm all set. With all that new light I couldn't see anymore.. but now it's getting much clearer.

• Peppermint
  • greendawn
    greendawn

If you think the WTS is interested in making any real doctrinal changes that will do away with its venomous cultic nature then carry on dreaming. That can't happen because if (we suppose) it did then the WTS operation will fall apart in no time. Big corporations hate losing on their profitability let alone doing completely away with it.

• blondie
    blondie

Anybody have the hard copy

• Gerard
    Gerard

Sumtin's fishy.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"If you think the WTS is interested in making any real doctrinal changes that will do away with its venomous cultic nature then carry on dreaming"

But the thing is Greendawn time will tame the beast. It has been the way of new religions down through the centuries. The watchtower will become mainstream at some point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit