More "new light"? Has anyone got the July 15th WT yet?

by slimboyfat 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I do, but why do you want a hard one?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well! This is a fine kettle of fish you've gotten me into!

HOW CAN JWs KEEP SWALLOWING THIS SWILL? This has got to be the biggest circle jerk cult in the world.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    "And now, having just studied that article we have just received the WT July 15 which contains a refined understanding of Jesus' illustrations of the "dragnet" and the Kingdom of the heavens being like a "mustard seed" and "leaven". These again contain dramatic changes in understanding of these illustrations of Jesus."

this was mentioned at the annual talk that these were changing. I have notes at home from that talk but I dont recall that the speaker actually went into details. I will check.

My latest insight was in the June 15 WT - the 2nd last article near the end - "we have good reason to uprootany sign of ambition in our lives"

Yes they actually said that. Unbeleivable.

• still_in74
    still_in74

This has got to be the biggest circle jerk cult in the world
    at least the meetings would be more intersting this way.....

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"My latest insight was in the June 15 WT - the 2nd last article near the end - "we have good reason to uproot
    any sign of ambition in our lives"

They've got that nailed as far as the house to house ministry is concerned! I'll even admit to it - the less I could do, the better, and that was true of the vast majority of Witnesses I knew. We did though, have exemplary ambition and drive when it came to break time!

"HOW CAN JWs KEEP SWALLOWING THIS SWILL? This has got to be the biggest circle jerk cult in the world."

Very nicely put, Gregor.

S4

• boyzone
    boyzone

Anyone got the pdf download link?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yeah it mentions the dragnet (same interpretation I think) and then contrasts it with the sheep and goats parable - dragnet separating is now; sheep and goats is future (doesn't gel now really). Anyway, even tho' I skimmed through the article, it's the leaven bit that's different. Now it's come into line with 'Christendom's' view that the leaven is the silent growth of Christianity (it used to be the leaven of apostate Christianity, if I recall).

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

They've had several interpretations of what the "leaven" is... it was one of the first walls I hit when I started studying Greek at Bethel.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So now they are saying that not all the original 'fine fishes' are headed for heavenly life? Did I understand that correctly?

Only one reason for that change: Time to begin setting the stage to discredit the 'new anointed' partakers. Too many eating at the memorial.

Jeff

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit