If a JW girl falls pregnant to a 'worldly person'...before marriage??

by Lantana 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Chikikie said,

I fell pregnant at 18 ...

Hon, you don't get pregnant by falling down. It's what you do WHILE you're down that matters.

• yknot
    yknot

I didn't know there was a minimum, I have heard of 9yrs olds being baptized under the arguement of David.

Everything is dependent on the attitudes of both Elders and parents. I have seen extreme loyalty and then complete lax.

Well technically if she is still living with her parents then they can speak/interact with her but limit 'spiritual things'. It really all depends on the parents....I have seen both types hardliners and softies. However if the parents are loyal JWs they will encourage her to be seek reinstatment.

If she is baptized, the Elders will see as their right and duty to 'keep the congo clean', unless she DAs.

If the parents make a hugh public fuss sure they can be DFd too for whatever reason the Elders can attach.

Why hassle....most JWs live a level of double lives anyway.....what goes on behind the doors of the family home fall under the responsibility of the head of household.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I agree that it depends on the congregation and what the JW girl says about the worldly man and her pregnancy. I know of a good deal of females I grew up with that were baptized and unbaptized that were pregnant by worldly boys, the majority were disfellowshipped, but I can think of two who were privately reprooved. It depends.

• yknot
    yknot
    I fell pregnant at 18

Becoming pregnant after just 'falling' on him..............

They have creams and pills to help him with that sort of male problem.

Sorry I couldn't resist......sometimes I can be so premature! Wink - What Have You Done?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sometimes our intercourse here on JWD causes me to ejaculate chortles of laughter

in·ter·course, n.
    1. dealings or communication between individuals, groups, countries, etc.
    2. interchange of thoughts, feelings, etc.

e·jac·u·la·tion, n.
    1. an abrupt, exclamatory utterance.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Douglas Walsh transcript, p.121 Fred Franz testimony: (Even toddlers have the potential of qualifying for baptism).

Q. I think you did say there was no minimum age for baptism?

A. That is except for infants, and those who are not mentally able to comprehend the meaning of baptism, and its responsibilities.

Q. What is covered by the term "infants'?

A. An infant in arms, baby baptisms with, possibly, a godfather standing in for the child.

Q. But from the age of toddlingupwards there is a potential of qualifying for baptism?

A. Yes, under parental instruction.

p.121

N.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome Lantana (one of my favorite plants)

I was gonna make a smarty pants remark about girs "falling pregnant" but thought better of it! Can't misstreat a newbie that way! I hope your 16 year old friend finds a safe house to protect herself and her child from the witchtower...

carm

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

A "sister" in my area tried to get pregnant by a "worldy" person but failed, she wonders if she's infertile... she was living with the "homie" for a year. She returned to live with her parents but hasn't been reproved by her congregation, and her family naturally wants her to discontinue her intimate relationship with that man. In my city there are a number of "sisters" that are baby mommas to "Babylonian" men. Some have been reproved, others "DF'd". Each congregation has it's own 'flavor', and the elders dealing with these cases may be sympathetic to the case, or ice cold. So, who knows?

• chikikie
    chikikie

Becoming pregnant after just 'falling' on him..............

They have creams and pills to help him with that sort of male problem.

Sorry I couldn't resist......sometimes I can be so premature!

yes you are lol hehe and as a matter of fact i did fall on him, and I did get pregnant loll lol

• yknot
    yknot

Chikikie....

I meant no real offense.....

Yknot......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit