I broke my leg

by hillbilly 40 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I was awake.. doped up and needing to piss in the worst way...maybe sedatives make it hard to wizzz. but I'd get it out and aimed ... and wait. Someone would knock on the door see what I was trying to do... close the door... I'd start over. This went on for 2 hours or so. I finally emptied my bladder , nooded off and of course... I didnt know this, you are not allowed to sleep in a hospital bed. For the next 3 or 4 hours every time I'd nod off some one had to look at something of poke me.

Nurses tell people if they want to sleep that they have to go home! (If you're not in ICU or a neuro floor, it depends.) About the voiding (peeing), most men need to stand up when they urinate. The nurse or nurse's aide will help the patient to balance himself so he can pee. When you're really having problems getting it started, we will make water sounds...flush the toilet, run the sink, stick your hand in water...if that doesn't work, we have to straight cath you! I'm glad you peed on your own!

The sicker you are the more you get bothered! I remember having to wake a head injury patients every 15 minutes for about 4 hours! That man wasn't too happy with me!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I still have a "up north" area code on my cell phone. I have used cells for emergency in remote areas before... god know who you get."Enhanced 911 is supposed to figure things out .. on top of all else I live really close to the county line and I didnt want to 911 to kick to Payne or Lincoln county. I knew they would hear me sooner or later.

I was about 20 seconds away from calling the next-door neigbor. He showed up as soon as he heard the ambulance a mile away or so.

Hill

• JoyNichols
    JoyNichols

Awww! HB! I hope the worst is over for you. Be as well as you can be. So sorry about your ordeal. And yeah, you're right - you are definitely not allowed to sleep in the hospital, heh! I know you're glad to be back home, huh? Good luck!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When I was in the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns, the nurses would wake me up to tell me I need to breathe deeper.

You'll be up and better soon..well not REAL soon, now that you are closer to 50 than 20, it does take a bit longer.

lisa

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    She got home about the time the Fire Deptartment showed up. He wanted to pull my boot off... I told him to cut it off... he did, We took a hour ride into OKC. The FD cannot give narcotics What a fun ride. I was counting backwards and doing oral math to keep from slipping into shock

Wow, one hour from Michigan to OKC!? They were haulin' ass!! :-)

All jesting aside, I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but am also glad it's not going to stop you from doing what you enjoy. Hearing that you're going to "get back in the saddle" as soon as you can is great!!

~ TJ

• changeling
    changeling

Feel better soon darlin.

changeling

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

You definitely have my sympathy! It hurts like hell.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

That has got to have been some serious P A I N. resetting it with no pain meds? Bash-tards.....

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

When I was in the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns, the nurses would wake me up to tell me I need to breathe deeper.

They did that because your O2 sat was dropping. Also they needed to prevent you from getting pneumonia or having to put you on the vent. Not being able to breathe on your own means you need some support.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

well... I go for a cast Monday. Morpine drip at the hospital last week. Good stuff, but you pay later. I guess it takes all the moisture out of the bowel tract... let's just say the "output" is like dry rotted wood and let it go at that.

Diet has been high fiber and lots of hydration. Pain is OK... I only take a couple of percosets a day now... as opposed to one every 3 hours.

MY boss has "decided" to let me work from home during recovery. I think he the idea that that would be a good idea after he called the other day. He coudnt figure out how to pay my salary while I was laid up. I told him with a laptop, phone and e mail I didnt know why he wanted me to do office hours anyway. He left it at that... told me he'd get with me the next day.

I got an email that said he pay me to work at home... good thing too. I was prepared to quit if he said other wise. It's a respect thing. I have a letter from pre hire negotiations that offers 2 Fridays a month off... like I ever take them. Right now that would be 15 days extra.

When I get back to work full time I will make it a point to limit time to 40-42 hours a week and call it good. This is a respect thing with me... he has not treated me disrepectfull per se... but not with the respect you give the people who work for you... Know what I mean... you guys from Philly know what I am talking about.

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit