How "Bible Prophecy" Will Soon Be Disproven!

by metatron 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"UNITED NATIONS" is not mentioned in a single bit of the Bible.

The Witchtower as always has merely pegged its interpretations to suit the political climate of the time.

Daniel was interpreted in the 50s in the light of the cold war then at its height. Now the cold war is a dead duck, they have produced yet another Daniel book, changing the interpretations to suit the current political scene.

They even taught that Armageddon is a period of mass revolution and class struggle, when this appeared to fit what was happening.

The beast of Revelation that Malkiel claims is the UN, was once claimed by the WT to be the World court at the Hague, founded in 1899.

Did those predictions come true? Did they change the interpretation? Why?

"The light is blinking on and off."

Malkiel - what will YOU do if the Great Tribulation starts, and you are still DISOBEYING the counsel of the WT. Remember, by visiting this site, you are consorting with apostates, and therefore as John wrote "a share in their wicked works."

Can you honestly say you are currently "marked for survival by Jehovah??"

HB

• sinis
    sinis
    Nice try, metatron, but this doesn't work with CHRONOLOGY. Numbers, math, are absolutes!

Really!!!!! Then why are you MIXING the Jewish calendar and the Gregorian/Julian calendar?

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Nice try, metatron, but this doesn't work with CHRONOLOGY. Numbers, math, are absolutes!
    Really!!!!! Then why are you MIXING the Jewish calendar and the Gregorian/Julian calendar?

I'm not sure "exactly" what you mean. But I think you mean the Jewish luni-solar system with a simple annual calendar? The Jews had a LUNI-SOLAR calendar and thus their lunar months were coordinated with the solar calendar. So it is not necessary to MIX the two, since both were solar calendars, essentially. 100 yaears for the Jews was 100 luni-solar years, meaning solar years. So there is no problem "mixing" the two since they are the same. They are not incompatible or contradictory as you seem to suggest? JC

• reniaa
    reniaa

I would take issue with the one who said cold war is a dead duck as we in Britain just had our representatives kicked out of Russia and now the "cold war" between England and Russia is as bad as it ever was.

To be honest the only thing that would really get me worried about prophecy getting a bit near the bone, is if American did goto war with Iran another bible-land like Iraq Oooo

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

renia -

The media have hyped up the differences between Russia and Britain to make the story newsworthy and grab the headlines.

The Russians depend too much on trade with the West to start a nuclear war just because Britain claims one of their agents committed murder in London.

When the jumbo jet was shot down over North Korea, America did not set off world war 3.

Britain is not likely to nuke the country that supplies Europe with most of its natural gas.

In no way does any of this this fit with any defunct interpretation the Bible as claimed by the Witchtower.

In the 1800s the Bible students said that the time of the end began in 1799, and that Daniels prophecy had been fulfilled by France conquering much of Europe very quickly. As the scripture says "the King of the North will FLOOD OVER." (Dan11:40) of course the Society now applies another verse to Napoleon Bonaparte no more convincingly.

Prior to WW1 the Bible Students interpreted the "pushing" between the Kings of the north and South as the arms race between Britain and Germany, each seeking to outdo the other in size of battleships and superior fire power.

This was quietly forgotten until the 1930s, when Hitler began building up his armies, and the rest of the world started scrambling to rearm. Now this was the fulfilment of Daniels prophecy. now the "flooding over" was Hitler rapidly conquering much of Europe.

Then came the 50s and now the "cold war" was the meaning of the same prophecy. With the "flooding over" meaning the rapid enslavement of so many countries behind the Iron curtain which descended across Europe in 1946.

I have seen too many chops and changes, flips and flops to give the Witlesses interpretation of Bible prophecies credibility. In any case, with reference to Daniel, any good textbook can show how the prophecies actually apply to the events surrounding Jerusalem at the time it was written - which is LONG after the mid-500s BC.

I think everybody feels the future is uncertain and nothing guaranteed. This is why prophecies, astrology, tarot, palmistry and other forms of fortune telling are so popular.

The WT whips up peoples fears, and then injects their brand of prophecy to help ally those. Certainly, prophetic delusions of never dying if you were alive in 1914/ 1874/1925/1942/1975 are very comforting, until the WT pulls the rug from under you as they did last Sunday.

HB

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, Canon, I wish you could help me reason with my State Lottery Commission! You see, I keep telling them that "7 times" clearly represents

the 7 winning numbers on my lotto games. They won't believe me!

How to fake "prophetic chronology"

1) find some really good numbers in the Bible

2) symbolically re-interpret the surrounding details to make them look important - and ignore the fact that whatever obscure Old Testament

prophecy you pick was fulfilled thousands of years ago, anyway.

3) throw in some deliberate attempts by people to fulfill the "prophecies" - like rabid Zionists, wingnut Christians or even people in the distant

past like desperate Jews in the 1st century. The guy who did the best job gets named "Jesus" and thereby remembered in

history. Whoopee!

4) Preach this stuff with great authority - because just like Joseph Smith, if you do, some idiots will buy into it.

metatron

• Sasha
    Sasha

Not Watchtower speak....but true Bible prophecy is right on scedule.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Ah, Canon, I wish you could help me reason with my State Lottery Commission! You see, I keep telling them that "7 times" clearly represents

the 7 winning numbers on my lotto games. They won't believe me!

How to fake "prophetic chronology"

1) find some really good numbers in the Bible

2) symbolically re-interpret the surrounding details to make them look important - and ignore the fact that whatever obscure Old Testament

prophecy you pick was fulfilled thousands of years ago, anyway.

3) throw in some deliberate attempts by people to fulfill the "prophecies" - like rabid Zionists, wingnut Christians or even people in the distant

past like desperate Jews in the 1st century. The guy who did the best job gets named "Jesus" and thereby remembered in

history. Whoopee!

4) Preach this stuff with great authority - because just like Joseph Smith, if you do, some idiots will buy into it.

metatron

Hi metatron, I emphatize with your position, but the more "coincidences" that line up, the less credible this reference is. You would claim that you can just line up any number of references to your liking? Here's what you're up against. The VAT4956 has only two dates for year 37 of Nebuchadnezaar; 568 and 511 BCE. So you only have two choices for dating the the NB period potentially. Only since in cases of double dating, the cryptic date is always the original date. Therefore, 511 BCE, which is the cryptic date is the academically correct date and being so, you only have one chance to harmonize at least two Biblical chronological references. One is the beginning of the 70 weeks prophecy, which has to occur in 455 BCE because of the absolute date of the Jesus' baptism in 29 CE. The other, of course, is the link to the second coming which is dated 2520 years after the fall of Jerusalem that must also cross-reference the "1335 days" prophecy. In both cases, dating the fall of Jerusalem in 529 BCE match the Biblical timeline precisely. That is, year 23 falls in 525 BCE, the last deportation, 70 years before the 1st of Cyrus which gives you 455 BCE. 1947 ends the 1290 days so dates the second coming to 1992 meaning the fall of Jerusalem to match this must fall in 529 BCE. We now have direct evidence that is the correct date. So FROM MY PERSPECTIVE there is only one possibility. Your argument is dysfunctional because there is no way you can get past the VAT4956 reference to year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar occurring in 511 BCE which produces absolute dates for the 1st of Cyrus and the fall of Jerusalem, which must be coordinated with the future event of the restoration of the Jews to Palestine in 1947, also an absolute date. So sorry, UNLESS YOU CAN DEMOSNTRATE yourself that you can recalculate anything you want using a coordination of ancient and modern dates, your allegation is just your own fantasy. It demonstrates a lack of clear competence in the how specific Biblical chronology is. SO YOUR TASK: Use 511 BCE for the 37th of Nebuchadnezzar and lets see you come up with varying dates for the 1st of Cyrus or the fall of Jerusalem in some other year than 529 BCE. I'll be waiting. Otherwise, your claim is incompetent. Just wishful thining. Sorry. JC

• willyloman
    willyloman
    So 45 years after the State of Israel is reborn is when the messiah would arrive: 1992-1993.

Oh, I get it: You're saying Bill Clinton was the Messiah! [elected 1992, became president 1993].

(slaps head) Why didn't I see that?

• metatron
    metatron

Yeah, I forgot about how Christ came back in 1992 and the world came to an end. It really was an amazing fufillment of prophecy.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit