When you look back do you wonder how the hell you believed it all ?

by karter 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

If I wasn't born into that pile of shit, there is no way in hell I would ever have accepted it later in life. I was never an avid reader of Watchtower material. I instinctively knew something was wrong at a very early age. I asked key questions at a young age like " why do you think there is a God? or, Why is the bible relevant today if it was written 3000 years ago? Simple questions for a young boy, but very relevant. I got beat for that. I was only 6 or 7 studying the great teacher book. My dad ruled with an iron fist and still does. It has turned my life into something I never wanted it to be.

The issues of God, the bible, salvation, redemption, evil etc., were all my dads issues, not mine! I could care less, and still do. Unfortunately Fat ass Rutherford made sure to make it everyones issue, by using emotional blackmale. Effin Goof!

These shitheads still baptize kiddies who don't know there ass from a hole in the ground. Children should be given a choice what they want to beleive.

" A MAN CONVINCED AGAINST HIS WILL, IS OF THE SAME OPINION STILL"

Tyrone

• Moxie
    Moxie

Terrific Question... :)

To answer, I don't wonder how "I" believed it... I was raised as a witness. To quote my English Professor "you believe the reality which is presented to you."

Instead I ask myself the question, how did my parents come to believe it all? And further, as highly intelligent individuals, how do they continue to believe it?

Moxie

• ImFreeatlast
    ImFreeatlast

I never really believed it, I was brought up in it, and was baptised because it was expected but nerver really believed... i was just too scared to break out

• megaflower
    megaflower

As country superstar Grechin Wilson would say, "Hell Yea"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I didn't exactly believe it all and I don't believe everybody else there did either.

Many times when I had informal off the record chit-chats with people in a social setting, they would let things slip that indicated some things didn't sit well with them and that in time the magic answer would come from the 'faithful slave' or words to that effect.

So, that was how I got by. I believed that the majority of it was feasible to some degree and the rest I just didn't deal with.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit