ugh... plaintive letter to return to the KH

by chickpea 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chickpea
    chickpea

got a letter today from a really nice guy who was in the BS group that met in my home for 10+ yrs.... privy to some of the huge issues my family has faced.... smart enough guy, UBM, at least one grown kid in and married into a huge 2nd/3rd generation family, grandkids yada yada.....

he saw, but did not speak to me, at the school performance i alluded to in another post........ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/156961/1.ashx......... as far as i know we never even made eye contact..... it was a crowded event in an elementary school but i saw him as he and his wife arrived late and scurried for seating

at any rate.... this is part of a letter that came in the mail today ..... i cannot believe the spin that the R&F are fed and seem to swallow down without the fava beans and nice chianti ( i do not mean to berate his heartfelt and genuinely offered plea.... i just cannot stomach the blind allegiance to the b0rg) alt

I have talked to a few of the friends about what can be done to encourage you and your family and decided to simply put a few thoughts in a letter. I understand a few of the brothers have tried to encourage you two (NOT a single "brother" has stopped by in nearly 3 years.... only the occasion car group of "sisters" and kids) I think i know most of what happened in your family and there may be more, and it is certainly enough for anyone to be heartbroken. But it is not enough to stop serving Jehovah. It might seem like it is too late to make changes or you may be bitter or even afraid of what might happen if you returned to worshipping Jehovah.

You can easily deflect any well meaning but overly nosey or blunt probe withthe truth: "It is too painful to discuss right now - I just came today to worship Jehovah"

Here's the rub.I cant tell you how much we miss you and how many times you have been in out prayers. But there is no way to tell you this without also telling you that you have some heavy lifting to do. YOu have to start over spiritually. Jesus taught his disciples " Truly I say to YOU, unless YOU turn around and become as little children, YOU will by no means enter the kingdom of the heavens. Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this little child is one of the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens". I know it is difficult. It is realy really difficult to go back to the kingdom hall where you may be given counsel and be ready to accept direction. I know because i have done it. And I can tell you the friends in @@@@@ are no different that the friends in @@@@@. They all want you by their side worshiping Jehovah.

Nothing I have told you is new or particularly insightful. But nonetheless, there is something different now. There is an urgency growing in the organization that is absolutely palpable. I have been a Witness for 37 years and I have never seen a sense of urgency like I see now. The Watchtower is changed. Only those attending are receiving the study issue. The meetings are shortened by 15 minutes so we can go out and talk to at least one person on the way home. Anyone not absolutely needed at Bethel has been released so they can spend more time preaching. At a recent Circuit Assembly, I spoke to one of the anointed and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

XXXXXXXX and YYYYYYYY, the time left is short. I dont know how short, but it can be very short if you have a scab you have to pick off your heart before it can start working again. And if that scab stays where it is and thickens, you will absolutely see things happening at the same time everyone else in Jehovah's organization does and will sit in misery not being able to move. I want you both to come back to the kingdom hall. Here is the best part: You dont have to do it alone. Ps.34:18: "Jehovah is near to those that are broken in heart; those that are crushed in spirit he saves." Please let us help you.

For All the Brothers,

my pattern is to acknowledge the letter but avoid any comments that encourage further contact..... this is the first since my "awakening" and when i once did a mental inventory of which congro members might possibly be open to information about the b0rg.... he was one i thought might be smart enough to get it......now i am not so sure

ugh.... it isnt like we are close and although in the past we would go out to dinner or bbqs with he and his wife.... nothing in my life changes if i never see him again.....

anyone want to write a letter? Chatting

• sinis
    sinis

Such UBER bullshit!! I Cannot belive that they believe that the WTS changes are because we are in the end? What the FUCK!!! It has nothing to do with the end and everything to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. These are corporate survival decisions. Hahahaha, what a joke...

Personally, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I'm sure you can do a million other things that are PRODUCTIVE!!! Your letter won't change jack shit in his feeble little mind. I would just let it go. If he's happy living in fantasy land, then so be it. Take their own advice and do not "cast your pearls before swine"...

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Humph! Speaking from my own experience when I was presented with almost the same exact spiel, but 25yrs ago by a fine and respected elder, the ending was much different.

First of all it was delivered face to face in the back of my van (I was at work when he showed up, I took a break and we went to sit in the back of it with the doors open on a busy public street for the privacy he requested.) After his similar presentation (to what is in your letter), he asked if there was anything any of the brothers or sisters could do that would bring me back to the meetings, etc. I gave him a definitive NO, my mind is made up!

The next thing I knew, his mouth and hands were all over me. I was so shocked that at first I couldn't say or do anything, then my senses came around and I simply told him to leave and that I had absolutely no desire for any of their 'help'. Ick! but he left, thankfully, I was never bothered again.

Just my experience, go figure...

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I think I would seal it up, and write across the front of it "deceased, return to sender"!

My parents did that to me after I ran away from home, and DF'd.

• chickpea
    chickpea

evidently the hub has received a duplicate letter..... and the kids are now asking "why do they do that?" ..... everyone in the family knows about this site and all the updates and revelations about the true nature of the b0rg.... no one misses any of it...... no one is in dread of "the end" and no one wants anything to do with the "troof"

far from sitting in miserable dejection, we are all working on life and its gifts

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't now your cong status but not sure I'd want to commit anything to writing. Plus, anything in writing he can just dismiss as apostate without even reading it.

Can you ask him to meet you for coffee? (Would your spouses mind??) I think I'd prefer to talk in person. You can better judge his response and tailor the discussion according to his reactions.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    chickpea wrote: evidently the hub has received a duplicate letter.....

Oh. Um. Why?? Do you and your husband not talk to each other? Wouldn't a letter addressed to each of you work as well??

Does your witness friend assume that because you are not attending meetings your life and marriage must be shambles???

Sorry. Just caught my nerve wrong.

I still think I'd prefer to try to talk to him in person in a very casual and informal manner.

-Aude.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Dear ????:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have always had the greatest respect for you, and your act of kindness only confirms my respect was not misplaced. However, you are very mistaken. No brother at any time has ever called upon me in three years, so I am unsure as to where you have obtained this misinformation. But, please do not fret; I AM THRIVING! Never in my life have I been more close to Jehovah than now. While I am greatly disappointed in the true spritual condition of the congregation, I am not bitter; in fact, I have simply moved on, and I rarely think of them just as they, clearly, rarely think of me.

One important gift I now possess is the ability to serve Jehovah without being overly concerned about Armageddon. I am dedicated to serving him the rest of my life. He knows who I am, and I have no need to bank "extra-credit points" by serving him more aggressively because of some perceived nearness of the end, as if He is so ingnorant he couldn't see through such a charade.

In addition, I certainly agree with the sentiment in Psalms 34:18. He certainly has saved me, and for that I am very thankful.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, and I wish you all the best.

Regards,

• yesidid
    yesidid

Justitia , That was one of the best replies for that sort of letter I have ever seen.

yesidid

• Honesty
    Honesty
    But it is not enough to stop serving Jehovah. It might seem like it is too late to make changes or you may be bitter or even afraid of what might happen if you returned to worshipping Jehovah.

They just don't understand that a person can serve God without the Gibbering Buddy's guidance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit