My intruction on JWD. Hi!

by easyreader1970 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi and welcome. I can relate. I have a husband who is certainly not a zealot but whenever I raise any questions his eyes glaze over and he gives the standard JW responses. I cannot break past that. I'm afraid to push the issue further in case he goes to the elders. If I pulled out CoC he would probably have a heart attack. I have children too and it was after they were born I really started thinking about the sort of life I want them to have. Certainly not mine.

I am almost decided that for now I have to stay in until circumstances change. I'm waiting for a tipping point, not sure what it is but I'll know it when I see it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi easyrider and welcome to the board. It's not an easy line that you've chosen to walk, but so many have to walk it - At least you can come on here and know there is a support base.

All the best!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Welcome easyrider. Can't imagine what that situation feels like.

As you're still officially in and in some sort of standing, you're in a position where you can carefully do something about your wife and kids if you so choose. I was going to try to find the story that Eliveleth posted - well worth a read.

All the best, and see you round the forum soon.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I live pretty much the life that the Witnesses are instructed to. But that's because I have to. I can't give myself away to the wife.

Reaching out to your other family members who have little jw contact just for a few laughs will help, support is what you may need even if you do not decide to open your feelings up.

But to keep your sanity and advoid depression perhaps some how filling the void will help until you come to the point where you have to make a decision.

would end any and all meaningful contact with me and very likely demonize me to the children.

Ah, but you are guaranteed visitation rights by the courts, this reminds me so much of a family member. Wishing you peace and a change to help you be true to yourself.

lol

Hope4others

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi and welcome to the board.

Your story is very similar to mine, so i can identify to alot of what you have said.

I also was born in 1970 (right side of 40 ). My parents began studying in the early 80's and i was baptised in 1985. I started to fade away though in my mid twenties, so have a few years outside of the organisation. It was particularly difficult with my wife at the time (now ex wife), she could never understand why i wanted to leave, this in turn confused the kids.

All i can say to you is that from my point of view it took many years to learn new things and in particular to stand on my own two feet so to speak. But it was worth it, this board helps, I have spoken to many people who have similar issues and feelings to myself.

Hopefully this board will work for you, but welcome and feel free to PM any time.

Paul

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am also still trapped inside the bowels of this sinking ship. Hit me up anytime.

WELCOME

• oompa
    oompa
    OTWO:

You also say "I can't give myself away to the wife." I fully understand that, but slowly I overcame
    that. I needed to be happy with my own feelings and pursue life outside of the Kingdom Hall. Many
    here don't do that, but many do. If you want to fade further, you may have to reveal at least some
    doubt or depression over the WTS or it's meetings.

Welcome to a fresh air guilt free learning evironment. Ditto on OTWO's post, and as to his point above, I feel strongly that NOW is a great time to start this due to the yet again changed "generation of 1914" teaching. I soooooo wish I had more critically looked at things in 1995 and started fading then. But now you could EASILY tell your wife, "Wait a minute, we need to look more closely at these changes to make sure our faith is on sold ground." She may swoon over your powerful headship being displayed..........................oompa

I also agree the kids need to know there is at least a chance it may not all be right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit