Old Kingdom Melodies

by muslima 15 Replies latest jw friends

• muslima
    muslima

Even after a bit of time has gone by - do lyrics to "kingdom melodies" still drift in anyone's head?

It is over 6 years now -- yesterday and even still now - for whatever reason the song with the lyrics "the way of the truth is the best way of living" -- just that line kept going through my head! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I even put some old rap music on to get it out of my head!!

HELP!!

Does this happen to anyone else?

• roybatty
    roybatty

LOL! "from house to house, from door to door" and "we're Jehovah's Witnesses.." keeps popping into my head from time to time.

"..men make gods of wood and stone, but the true God they don't know.." Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!! lol

• joelbear
    joelbear

I am constantly catching stuff that has the same cadence as Kingdom songs and singing new words to the melody.

I even have Mitch doing it.

The one that comes up the most is "Kiss the son, lest god be angry"

We're always saying things like

Mow the lawn, lest god be angry
    Wash the car, lest god be angry

etc etc
    etc

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I am particularly fond of these lyrics:

I do not sit with wicked men of lies
    I hate the company of those who truth despise
    With evil men take not away my life
    My soul, with those whose hands are full of
    bribes and strife.

But as for me, determined I shall be
    to walk eternally, In my integrity.

So I just hum that song or sing it to anyone who asks me why I haven't been at the meetings lately.

• JBean
    JBean

AHAHAHAHAHAH! "...let's watch how we walk and watch how we talk..." Thought you all would appreciate that!!! HA! Argh! : )

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Gopher....don't you dare start singing "Loyal Love"! [>:(]

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

loyal love, god is love,
    m-i-c-k-e-y-m-o-u-s-e
    loyal love, it's loyal love

• paulvarjak
    paulvarjak

I always liked the "bees that were molested".

• joelbear
    joelbear

Loyal love, god is love, this truth cheers us from above

Please judge me lord, my lord jehovah god, in you i trust and in integrity i've trod (my favorite kingdom song)

when eyes of blind ones see again and ears of deaf ones hear again (my second favorite kingdom song)

firm and determined in this time of the end

then they will know you only are jehovah, then they will know your ways are just and true

move ahead move ahead to maturity, its the will of our god that we gain ability.

I have a loud talking voice, so when I really got going on these songs, man, I could rock the hall.

hugs

Joel

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Actually...I gotta kind of admit I do miss some of those songs. That was probably the most enjoyable part of the meetings. It was especially fun to sit in the little back room that was the "overflow" room and second school and try to sing with just a handfull of people who couldn't carry a tune if their life depended on it (me included).

Or you sat in front of some brother with a big booming voice who thought of himself as Andre Bocelli (is that spelling correct? Who cares) and would mix up the verses or words and got everyone else off track too.

Or my son would try to sing in his "opera" voice and get me laughing so hard I had to rush to the bathroom before I peed my pantyhose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit