• muslima
    muslima

Whew...

Glad to know I am normal........ish

LOL

• Englishman
    Englishman

"Keep your eyes on the prize!"

Straight out of Snow White and "Some day my prince will come".

-Actually, that's quite rude when you think about it!

Mind you, so was Snow White, ever heard of 7up?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• saltiest
    saltiest

I have to admit singing the songs each meeting was my favorite, ever since I was a kid. Especially when I was in high school when I realized I could sing and sing damn good.

Joelbear, "Kiss the son, lest god be angry" was one of my favorites! I loved the tune...

Every now and then I'll be waiting on hold on the phone and SWEAR the music I'm hearing is a Melodie. Drives me nuts, 'cause I know it isn't. My close friend who attended meetings a couple years with me during high school...we'll be walking in a store and then pause, look at each other and go "no way" and know EXACTLY what we're thinking. One of those songs....never! Scary stuff.

- Alicia

• tdogg
    tdogg

...were Jehovahs Wiiitneses
    we speak loud and feeearlesly
    ours is the God of true prophesyyyyy
    what he fortells comes to be.....

other gods they caaaanot see
    what in future daaaaays wil be.....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

now look what you've done! damnit! i'll get you for this!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Precious gifts from God our children are, but to him they do truly belong....

They are gifts from God. He says use the rod!

Look to God, child-rearing to repay, with our children let's serve him each day! (dum-dum-dum)

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

OK I know I've told this story before but it still cracks me up:

I knew a JW family that had a talking parrot. When they had the book study at their house the mom would take the cage into a back bedroom and cover it. One night after book study the kids were showing me the bird and they told me it sang "We're Jehovah's Witnesses". So I asked if they could get it to sing.

Mom said 'no, he's lost his zeal for Jehovah'. Finally, when pressed, she admitted that the bird had dropped a few syllables, and now would only sing 'We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fear.'

Didn't know peanutbrained birds could be so smart did you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit