Focus of New Elder's School: How To Research - WTS Literature Only!!

by Seeker4 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I posted this idea on another thread, but thought it might get some response as a thread of it's own. This was the e-mail I just got about the new elder's school for POs only:

"My Dad's PO school wasn't new stuff, just a lot on studying, using the CD rom, etc. He loved it...."
    Hmmm... "a lot of studying." In the light of the Sept. 07 Question Box, etc. I can pretty much tell what this school was, based on these comments: It was a weeklong course on how to use the WTS's literature, and ONLY the WTS literaure, to research questions.

That's it. "WE (WTS) have all the answers and we'll show you how to find them."

Just more demonizing of researching anything outside Witness literature. I can imagine the strong discouragement that would have been made of researching on the Internet or any other place besides the WTS CD. The WTS's greatest fear is the open debate of ideas and free and full access to information. The elder's school, I would be willing to say, was just one more attempt to keep the rank and file from any outside influence, research or information. Anyone else hear anything?

S4

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

lol, there's nothing like studying the WTS literature to breed budding apostates....

• marmot
    marmot

Yeah, studying the Watchtower literature is what pushed me away from the whole religion. So much of it is downright loony.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

So maybe this is a good thing?

S4

• Pwned
    Pwned

don't they edit "mistakes", "old light" out of the CD_ROMs?

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970
    That's it. "WE (WTS) have all the answers and we'll show you how to find them."

Just more demonizing of researching anything outside Witness literature. I can imagine the strong discouragement that would have been made of researching on the Internet or any other place besides the WTS CD. The WTS's greatest fear is the open debate of ideas and free and full access to information. The elder's school, I would be willing to say, was just one more attempt to keep the rank and file from any outside influence, research or information.

I believe that the April "study edition" Watchtower made a statement that any scientific or historical information that conflicts directly with what the Bible (read WTBS) says is wrong. Plain and simple. I don't have the exact quote but that is what they said.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Would love to see that quote. Anybody know where it is?

S4

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

found it myself!

I had a PDF of the April 15, 2008 Watchtower, and on page 6 it says:

"However, we know that when human teachings contradict what God has revealed, it is ALWAYS the human teachings that are wrong. (Read Romans 3:4)"

The ALWAYS was italicized, not caps, but I don't have ital. It's statements like that that are driving the thinking JWs away. And it's also interesting that the WT now tells them which scriptures to read during the study. God, I'm sooooo glad to be outta there!!

S4

• yknot
    yknot

Well being an optimist this is GRRRRReat!

Think of all that can be proved by using WT pubs.

I can see it now, I speak to a JW and reference some pub that isn't on the CD. Interested they ask can I see that, I say yes I will email you or send you a link. If I don't have the pub, surely one of you big hearted posters do.....

Fishin' in a stock tank!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The less JWs know about anything negative to the WTS, the more vulnerable they are to someone who really knows his stuff. The Org thinks it's protecting itself by this demonizing of anything not printed by the WTS. They are so wrong, as many of us JWD are living proof.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit