Introducing: "Switch" (aka MrsLink)

by Switch 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hi Switch,

Welcome to the board. I'm newly out too, so I am going through a range of feelings too. My family thinks I am going insane. I know I've just woken up to the lies I've been told and its hard.

A@G

• wings
    wings
    My family thinks I am going insane.

It's temporary....I think.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome!

Has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like "Hello Kitty"? But you're much prettier!

changeling :)

• Switch
    Switch

It's good to know everyone goes thru the same feelings. Things look so blatantly wrong now that I can't believe I didn't notice it before, but then again - I wasn't really paying attention like I should of been. I think Witnesses just get lazy and rely on the WTS to get things right. You see 607/1914 repeated so often that you accept it as established fact! Why did I try to memorize the flipping supporting scriptures and math to get to 1914???? Now it seems so ridiculous to me. I've been avidly reading all sorts of material (Bibles, WT mags and books (new and old), exwitness books, cult books, etc.) I wind up with more questions and issues than answers. And so much anger that it makes me weary. It's also difficult to walk away from friends that have become your family over years and years. I still love them and don't want them to find out I have apostate thoughts.

• Switch
    Switch

Thanks for all the welcomes. And thanks LLBH - it's a lot to take in but I'm getting started.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Its a pleasure to meet you. Link has said so many good things about you. yadda yadda

Welcome

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WELCOME MRS. LINK!!! Oh , and HEY! WE are your NEW congregation! OOPS...Did I say that? Sorry, we are much more sincere than those old folks you thought that you KNEW....We're just a bunch of folks that like our new found freedom of speech and thought processes that have cleared up. take care .

NMG

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome to JWD Switch! A great place to blur your mind. You said:

Everything feels so foreign - like the concept of making new friends outside the congregation.

please splain how you do that?!?!? I have not got that far yet so am more a loner.....could you please, please, please get my JW wife to visit here?!?!? Did I say PLEEEEESE??!!!!!!....................................oompa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Ooomps,

It'll be easier for the Mr&Mrs Link since both of them want to meet new friends outside the org, unlike me and you whose wives will hear none of that.

alt

A@G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit