Nothing but the Blood - Chapter 8 (Final)

by daniel-p 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm glad to hear that DP... sounds like progress...

A@G

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

Thank you for sharing your story.

:)

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

A@G, I think it is real progress. We've had rough times with this thing off and on, and recently it finally felt like we're getting through it. I know there will be a whole slew of issues once we have kids, but at least we've been married long enough (going on 6 years) and through this to establish a heavier sense of commitment and shared fortitude. Also, I have secret hopes that she will eventually leave the JWs for being a more true Christian. She sure makes more references to Jesus and the Bible than the "faithful slave" and the organization....

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thank you Daniel for sharing your story with us.

It's great your wife is understanding and respectful of your views.

May you both "Live Happily Ever After".

OM

• Odrade
    Odrade

Glad I found this after you posted all the parts. It's a fascinating story. Thank you for sharing it.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

marking for later.....

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Daniel-P,

What a moving, terrifically written story. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes to you & your wife!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Daniel

I just finished reading your story in its entirety. Fascinating......absorbing.....well written....

Thank you for sharing. Your zeal for God cannot go unnoticed. I also was a JW because I truly-from the heart-wanted to serve God, and thought that was what I was doing.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Daniel,

Thank you so much for writing your story and sharing it here.

Thank you so much.

-Lisa

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

excellent story, dp. I didn't read it before now but saw the chapters. it did not disappoint. ... you mentioned your wife asking how she is perceived. I have to say I was skeptical through the story but she showed admirable dedication to you and deep commitment. I hope she continues to love and support you despite any religious differences you may have. -- not feeling it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit