Cutting of BS following WT plan: No more personal study or research!

by WingCommander 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Greetings Everyone:

Since it seems the cats out of the bag on the book study being eliminated from small groups at homes, I feel it ok to discuss the "WHY" of the Society's actions on this manner. Many seem to be confused as to why the WT would eliminate another evening of busywork. Some see it as a loosening of the riens on the WT's part to let the congregation breathe.....I see it as the complete opposite....I see it as another control tactic, one that has been in the works for a while.

Here is my opinion. Over the last several years, books have been getting smaller, soft-cover, pamphlet size. Everyone knows of the now infamous September '07 Our Kingdom Ministry box with the small paragraph pretty much banning all independent research of the Bible, other translations, the original Greek & Hebrew, etc with the exception of WatchTower publications. In other words, we the WTBS speak for God, and therefore you other sheep need not worry with the minor details or questions that you may have concerning our slanted Bible or failed logic....hand over all thought processes to us. Period.

Now.....what do we hear on here time, after time, after time about ideas being spoken openly about during the small home book studies? I can't even begin to count how many times I've heard on here about people that have asked questions at their book studies in order to make others think about the WTBS failed logic, prophecies, flip-flops, etc. This is especially true since the "revisions" of the absolutely looney Revalation: It's Grand Climax Book. I mean, can you imagine what questions must be being asked just from the changes to that book at studies?

You see, in short, the home book studies were not a completely controlled environment.....you could still relax in someone's home, study your text, and then pretty openly ask questions that maybe you'd NEVER ask openly in a Kingdom Hall setting, and this would encourage open discussion and of course - THINKING - something that the WTBS is scared to death you'll do for yourself. So, how do we eliminate this leak in the controlled system? Plug the leak - eliminate home book studies and incorporate it into a completely controlled environment - the local Kingdom Hall. How many people are likely to ask open questions there? Not many. Also, with all the Elder's there at one time, if someone does ask "red flag, dissident questions" Elder's are there to witness it and ask you into the back room right after. This is "streamlining" of the Theocratic Order at its finest.

These changes also coincide with what Garret Douche...I mean, Losch, has been caught saying in his various talks about Theocratic Organizational skills and also plays right into the special meetings for PO's and Elder's at Patterson this year. Get them all up there to see who all is on board (or not) with the new arrangement and control tactics.

People, this is some scary $hit. Can't you all see it yet? This isn't more freedom; it's more control and putting more of a watchful eye over everyone. No more somewhat safe environment to discuss or ask questions.....just come to the KH for your book study now and keep your opinions to yourselves.....only thing you have to do is read what you underlined in the book....no more research outside of the WTBS's publications..... If we aren't seeing 1984 developing in front of our eyes, I don't know what.

Regards,

Wing Commander

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Does BS (in the subject line) mean "Bull Study"?

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970
    This isn't more freedom; it's more control and putting more of a watchful eye over everyone. No more somewhat safe environment to discuss or ask questions.....just come to the KH for your book study now and keep your opinions to yourselves.....only thing you have to do is read what you underlined in the book....no more research outside of the WTBS's publications.....

I tend to think it swings both ways. They want it to be viewed by the rank and file faithful as a reasonable change based the current system of things. People will love the idea. However, I do think you are right. Even at my Revelation book study last week, a pioneer did some of her own personal research. She printed it out and carried it to the meeting with her. It was historical information only and did not violate any theological concepts by the Society, but she did do it and I am willing to bet every dime that I have that she used the internet to do it.

Information is only a click away, information that the WTBS so desperately wants to hide. It's more than just information, though. It is the truth. Not their Truth but the actual, factual truth. The problem is, how do you say "Don't look at it!" without saying "Don't look at it!" You can't. People are going to look at it. Having the meeting at the Kingdom Hall will, as you mentioned, make it easier to spot these potential apostates and weed them out.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It can't be a control tactic because they could have easily just done away with "home" book studies and reel everyone back into the Kingdumb Hall on Monday or Tuesday nights. They didn't HAVE to sacrifice the Book Study night at all!

There must be another reason. Perhaps they have to limit the access of pedophiles to children and this was ONE way of doing so. Maybe the legal department was weighing down on the GB to make something happen to decrease the law suits flying into their division.

• undercover
    undercover
    This isn't more freedom; it's more control and putting more of a watchful eye over everyone. No more somewhat safe environment to discuss or ask questions.....just come to the KH for your book study now and keep your opinions to yourselves

I agree. I said something similar in another thread. It's about control, control, control.

It can't be a control tactic because they could have easily just done away with "home" book studies and reel everyone back into the Kingdumb Hall on Monday or Tuesday nights. They didn't HAVE to sacrifice the Book Study night at all!

True...but we're not even sure if the announcement is about the book study arrangement. And if it is, they might not be eliminating that night, they may just be moving the Book Study and they'll come up with some other mundane task to keep the dubs busy instead of finding freedom on the Internet.

And if the Society hadn't considered that peril before, they're well aware of it now....now that we've all spelled it out for them.

It would be interesting to see, when/if this new arrangement is implemented, to see if visits/posts to this site spike during the traditional book study night periods...

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

they could have easily just done away with "home" book studies and reel everyone back into the Kingdumb Hall on Monday or Tuesday nights.

Not necessarily. Think about all of congregations that share a hall. Creating another "big group" meeting for every congregation would create a scheduling nightmare, and in some places it would be impossible.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Besides a control issue I think it is also a damage control tactic. Someone pointed out in another thread and I agree with it that if some kid is molested in someone's house and it can be proved the house is a meeting place for jw's they can be sued. Legalistic old queens.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Additionally, could it possibly be that someone was caught committing fornication after the book study during a Goodie Night that got a little out of control? By eliminating the home book study, they would have the chance to do away with that little bit of fun that some people have there.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I agree with the above comments. If the bookstudy is cancelled it is for control and/or legalistic reasons.

LHG

• chickpea
    chickpea

ditto with all the views about exerting more control...... it is not the pattern of the GruB to consider the sheeple's needs or issues..... they only camoflauge it to look that way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit