If only the PO can read the letter the Society doesn't trust the elders

by truthseeker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

This time they want to make a big surprise, and thought if all elders knew, they might start telling to a lot of people.

Just more evidence of how out of touch they are....in the internet age, there are no secrets.

• Watkins
    Watkins
    Actually, I have found that the PO is no more likely to keep something confidential than any other elder. And if this info is confirmed on Sunday.... it will show that even the PO has to share with at least one other person.

It's obvious - the PO's Wife, who tells 'only one' other confidant...

who tells 'only one' other confidant.... To know beforehand any tiny crumb of Info From The Society is just one of the perks of being in the smug 'in crowd'. They know before you do because they're Elders and Elders' Wives, or put bluntly, they're worthy and you're not.... LOL.

It's a secret society, folks - things are supposed to be secretive... shhhhh!

watkins

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

You know, I think that's why a lot of us are finding this site - LACK OF INFORMATION! Tired of the secrecy. At least on the internet, the info is there for all to see. Thank God for transparency....the Society has a lot to learn. Talk about OUT OF TOUCH....

• heyfea
    heyfea

They should have stopped those boring book studies long ago.

• undercover
    undercover

I learned the juiciest gossip from the PO and his elder son more than from anyone else.

The Society probably doesn't trust any of the elders to any real degree. If the announcement is as has been reported, only the slimmest of details will be given. They're not going to give the POs any more info than they have to until they have to. And then the dubs will start doing what we've been doing...contemplating the meaning and reason behind it all. Of course, they'll come up with some Jehovah blessing excuse.

• startingover
    startingover

What I find interesting about all this is that if this info came out pre internet days, how far could it have gone? Now all it takes is one leak and it can be around the world in hours.

The WTS has no doubt seen what is going on here regarding the change and if it turns out to be true you know they are really concerned about how they are going to get their secret info out in the future without it being leaked. I can imagine they are going to spend considerable time finding the leak.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why is it so intriguing that the "Faithful Slave" does not trust the BOE?

Did you trust them?

I didn't either.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Some evil, wicked, rotten apostate type posted the following note to the meeting times sign at the Kingdom Hall this morning at 0730.

Special Announcement:
    Following your Sunday meeting on 4-27 it will be announced that your BookStudy will be combined with your TMS and Service Meeting.
    Note to Mr PO -
    Sorry to spoil your little secret. Oops!

Bastard! Snicker ;)

Jeff

• White Dove
    White Dove

So, the bookstudy change is for sure? There goes the place to get the secret announcement of where to meet during the great tribulation. You remember that the bookstudy was the place we were told that we had to meet in order to get a new meeting location announcement every meeting so the bad guys would not be able to find us? They are canceling our lifeline! Hehehe!

• yesidid
    yesidid
    So, the bookstudy change is for sure?

Yes it is for sure and as you intimated, you're on your own now when the GT arrives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit