*********** We love baseball******************

by FlyingHighNow 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• lrkr
    lrkr

I have to say, I totally agree with this thread. One of the greatest joys I have had since being freed is coaching my son's little league team. The feeling of exhiliration when he throws three strikes is beyond compare. (Much better than convincing someone that there is a new system!!???!!) As someone who was raised "in" I am living vicariously through him- no doubt pushing him excessively sometimes... (I'm a dad- what do you want??)

I cant believe this was off limits. Something so good. The JWs had it all wrong. Just glad I realized this in time.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gopher, the game I went to see, the opposing team used to be a Twins farm team and the Whitecaps are a Tiger's farm team. Earlier in this thread I mentioned a couple of things about the Twins.

I have to say, I totally agree with this thread. One of the greatest joys I have had since being freed is coaching my son's little league team. The feeling of exhiliration when he throws three strikes is beyond compare. (Much better than convincing someone that there is a new system!!???!!) As someone who was raised "in" I am living vicariously through him- no doubt pushing him excessively sometimes... (I'm a dad- what do you want??)

I cant believe this was off limits. Something so good. The JWs had it all wrong. Just glad I realized this in time.

Irkr, how old is your son? And I can't believe they thought Little League was a bad thing. How can they think children can be completely protected from the rest of the world's influence anyway?

• lrkr
    lrkr

He's 9. And what do you expect- Little League distracts from preaching, teaches a competitive spirit (not) and provides lots of bad association (other 9 year olds)

Go Yankees!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I can't stand to watch baseball on TV. But I LOVE it in person! Drinking a beer, eating a hot dog, and shooting the sh*t while a game goes on in the background. And the cheap seats are the best- the fans are rowdier and more into it!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The crazy things they do in between innings and in the mid innings at a minor league game are great. They shoot hotdogs into the crowds with a giant slingshot that takes three people to operate. They had the kids do the chicken dance. So many funny, ridiculous things. They had three giant eyeballs that raced. Nuts, but in a good way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit