OK, so I revised the letter mostly becasue of Scottsman... please read

by dawg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Dawg,

Awesome job! It made me cry, surely it will touch your Dad's heart. I just wish he would read it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

That's a great letter dawg. Written honestly, from the heart, and with love. On the subject of mailing it, maybe put it in a manila envelope without a return address? At least that way, he'll probably open it and glance at what's inside. I truly hope that he does read it.

I don't know if "easier" is the right word to use, but I am in the same boat with my father. The difference is, that it seems that you were once much tighter with your dad than i ever was with mine. My dad has always suffered from severe depression & self-loathing. This has always caused him to be withdrawn & unapproachable. The only quality time we ever spent together was when he would take me fly fishing with him-something that I miss. I always find myself wondering if we would be fellow trout bums today if the WTS had never had a hold on our lives. I sometimes wonder if I should send him a letter stating that he should come out to Washington & pay me a visit to enjoy some of the best fly fishing that this country has to offer, but I know what the answer would be, if I ever got an answer at all.

Hang in there man. You have done the right thing. The letter is exceptional. I sincerely hope that it proves to be a catalyst in the repair of your relationship with your dad.

-Breck

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks to all of you... I hope he reads this letter, but whether he does or not... I must send it.

Low key, we still on for trout fishing?

• flipper
    flipper

DAWG- Beautiful letter ! Much more " authentic" caring feeling than the first draft ! You did great ! I am probably a little different than some here- but I go on intuition. If it was me in this circumstance , and Dad had returned previous mailing efforts - I would go over to his house ( with a calm temper & loving heart) and hand it to him and say, " Would you please read this? It ' s from my heart. " And watch his facial expressions and try to read his response , not just what he says verbally, but his body language, how he acts will tell you more than what he says . By catching him in a more informal way- when he is not expecting it - you may get a more " authentic " response than the canned " witness cult " response. Just my 2 cents. Good luck bro ! No matter how you do it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• new light
    new light

Great letter. Really well worded. You expressed things in an undeniable way.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Dawg, Honey,

That is such a beautiful letter. My heart was so touched.

I do not know what else you could say. Your heart is completely

open. Our family is so important to each one of us. It is hard to live with when they are so closed.

I am praying that your father's heart will be as touched as mine

was by your expression of love to him.

Love you so much,

Gramma Velta

• whoknows
    whoknows

Dawg, In my opinion, your letter is loving and heartfelt as well as being logical and persuasive. I truly hope for the sake of all involved that he reads its. Speaking as a parent who had a child leave the borg before I did, I can say I would certainly read it and it would affect me greatly. If he reads it, it can't help but make him think. When I consider the pain and suffering caused by this evil policy, I want to drag my teeth on the pavement. We will be thinking of you.

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks you all... I feel better tonight because all of your beautiful and comforting words.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Damn, Dawg... that almost makes me tear up and I'm just a heartless, miserly SOB.

If Dad reads that it can't fail to touch him on some level... if not, you'll still be better off for having wrote it and put it out there into the ether.

Thanks for sharing as so many here are obviously in a similar situation... both my parents are out now, praise Vishnu, but plenty of family is still in and I get where you're coming from.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi Dawg - it's definately a softer letter. I do hope he reads it but like you said either way YOU still need to send it.

May you find peace my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit