Never Had Strong Feelings - Did You Experience that as a JW?

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

When I went to a funeral and I cried cause I thought it was what you were supposed to do.

Went to a wedding and didn't really care, just was happy cause everyone else was.

There was just never any strong feelings, except depression of course.

But anyways, did you guys ever experience that? No strong feelings as a JW? Or, is that just me?

Now that I'm coming out, I'm noticing that I'm starting to actually get more feelings... Not sure if that's a JW thing or just cause I'm seeing a Phychiatrist now... However, I do notice that with hubby, no strong feelings. But, I don't know if it's because that's what I was attracted to, to begin with or if it's a guy thing or a JW thing or what...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is because you were so powerful in your 'feeling' egos - parts of you so giving of themselves - that you gave them upo to WT psychology which desensitises the present and displaces it into future realms - even your whole essensces !

Getting in touch with NOW is important for who you are to yourself = which you have given away freely to abstract lifeforms (The WT GB)

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Cognac - Yes, I think that I know what you mean. Being emotional and saying what we were thinking as a kid was basically frowned upon in my family!

I have only started to get in touch with my feelings in the last 5 years, basically since I have had children. I am far more emotional and sensitive now. It is like having a child unlocked all those feelings for me! I am still learning to say what I think and feel confidently.

Boo

• Satanus
    Satanus

As a jw, i was like that, no strong feelings and depression. When my brother died, i felt nothing. Zombified. After i left, i slowly started waking up. When my father died, last yr, i broke down a few times, kicked holes in some walls, hurt my hand.

S

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

People who are not JWs have a poisoned view of ones who have been in it!

They look and EXPECT reactions like their own!

They do not see their own JUDGING EGO is as bad as WT POLITICS!

And you are now may feel under attack from both sides - old WT psychology - and world expectation.

Simply remove your inner self feeling from both of the above and you will begin to let yourself be the amazing life form that you truly are and always have been.

• cognac
    cognac
    And you are now may feel under attack from both sides - old WT psychology - and world expectation.

Mostly I feel under attack by JWs. When I'm not around them I feel great. I have very supportive "worldly" friends.

JWs make me feel like I'm crazy. I can't just be myself. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells.

When I'm around non-JWs I am funny, outgoing, and just at ease. They are very supportive in my feeling that JWs are crazy, lol

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Then run along and lick away - strong feelings are sure to follow.

Maybe you could even make it a 2hr study and reveal some new light?

• cognac
    cognac

Then run along and lick away - strong feelings are sure to follow.

Maybe you could even make it a 2hr study and reveal some new light?

lol, your too funny!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was all suppressed. You were supposed to redirect sexual desire into the field circus. You were supposed to channel material wants into field circus. Marriage was blah, since stagnation always sets in soon. Death is another means to promote the Washtowel Slaveholdery Corporation. Having children meant they were going to be wasting their time in field circus and at boasting sessions in lieu of playing.

Result: Most people either had no outward feelings, or repressed them. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is all you are allowed to have strong positive feelings for, and most people hated it and its Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery Corporation.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think this is part of the cult mentality. Nothing to get happy or sad about because this life is only temporary. The REAL life hasn't even started yet. This is how the cults get people to give up all thier time - convincing them that they aren't missing anything.

Once you realize that THIS IS IT, then little things become so much more important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit