I'm always right....ALWAYS! and you are wrong!

by odie67 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• odie67
    odie67

My husband tells me that I act as if I can never be wrong, I always have an answer for everything...EVERYTHING! ....that I'm always pointing the finger at the next person and that I also have the "I'm a victim" attitude. He thinks it's my upbringing as a JW. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Yes, I do believe he's wrong about all of this. what does he know about anything....he's worldly. I was taught the truth...he doesnt know anything about the bible...he thinks Jesus is God and God is God and the Holy Spirit is God.and somehow it's all the same..:oP

seriously though has anyone had this problem as an ex-JW?

• tika
    tika

HI O67, I am glad to see from your previous posts you are enjoying the comraderie we share... welcome! Regarding your question, I have experienced this with my husband, although I think it's a combination of him having such and overbearing, controlling and intrusive mother as well as being raised JW. He has never been baptized and does not go to meetings but he still insists they are the only true religion. In other areas of our life, I can tell you that when I have an idea, say for instance how to decorate the house, he always has a better idea. I usually go along with him just to keep the peace, but it is very annoying and I have started challenging him on things that mean alot to me. I will say to him, "why do we always have to do everything YOUR way? Just because my ideas are different doesn't make them wrong or inferior." He denies being that way though....

• cognac
    cognac

I've always had this problem.

Evidently, I'm proud.

Maybe it's true, maybe not. I don't know. However, I'm working on not being like that and just being a good, loving person. If somebody says that about me, I appreciate there viewpoint, and work on humbling myself enough to say I'm sorry. If somebody is a jerk to me, I work on showing them love anyways. However, I'm not always successful in this when people betray me to far.

Anyways, it's ok to just let it go sometimes. Sometimes, we put up walls. To let those walls down can be a very difficult thing. To let ourselves be wrong, you might be able to find as very healing to yourself. To let somebody else be wrong, not make them say sorry, and let it go or let them have them have there own viewpoint, can also be very healing. It helps let those walls to be let down.

Of course, to let this happen all the time would have the opposite effect. You now let people walk all over you...

Anyways, I think it was Dr. Phil who said it very nicely. Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?

What is better in this life to let things go and to love and let yourself be loved?

Food for thought...

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

odie67

Don't worry about it - it has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses - it is a woman thing.

• odie67
    odie67

Tika:

Oh I thought it was just me....we are constantly moving things around the house. I put the pillows one way and I come home and it's different.

I'm like *amn go cut the grass, fix a motor or something! leave my pillows alone!

I try to humble myself but i get tired of being humble....I want my way sometimes. If I'm ever in the position to be single again, I will never marry. we were apart for a few months and it was really nice...peaceful..I ate noodles everyday..when i put something down it was there exactly where i left it..

• odie67
    odie67

The Glad:

Maybe you are right...He swears it's my JW upbringing....and that pisses me off cause if i was to stick to what I was raised to believe he wouldnt even be apart of my life..he better be thankful that I'm a rebel.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

YOU REBEL YOU !!!! LMAO. Naw, it's not just you or him, and it's not a guy thing or a female thing. You'll find it in many relationships, just one person wanting control over the other. Sometimes it's best just to back off and as long as it's not hurting anyone just let it go. Eventually most of us get things to be the way we wnated them to begin with.

NMG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Tell your hubbie, almost all husbands believe this very same thing about their wives. And of course, it is NEVER true.

• wings
    wings
    Don't worry about it - it has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses - it is a woman man thing.

I actually think in my experience, it could possibly be JW thing.....just a possibility.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

In years gone-by I would have jumped up and yelled that this was a WOMAN thing. I know better than that, rather, I wouldn't jump up and say anything now. But , I have known many a jw that had an unbelieving mate and the active jw was always right, about everything.

They felt, either male or female, that because they knew the TROOF that whatever thay had to say was the GOSPEL and don't try to change anything that THEY say or DO!!

Now, I see that this trait is active amongst all peoples, big, small, righteous , ignorant , it's just there.

NMG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit