I'm always right....ALWAYS! and you are wrong!

by odie67 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• DJK
    DJK

I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.

Its an individual thing, not a JW thing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No one is "always" wrong (except maybe the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger). And no one is always right. It is a fact of life that we are all misinformed in some way, and have bad opinions that are based on incorrect "facts".

The ones that are always right end up being more errant than those who are open to the fact that they could be wrong. This is because one that is "always right" is closed to his error, and will not fix it. And this is regardless of the gender of the person involved.

Which is why I am against the husband having the absolute say in the household. When (not if, when) the husband is wrong and the wife is right, a bad decision is inevitable. If the husband listens to the wife, or even lets the wife make decisions against the husband's bad decisions and then learns how to handle the situation, he becomes that much better a leader. Mistakes like this are less likely to become permanent than when the husband is to be obeyed at all costs.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Wow! I do have this problem and never realized it until I got married. I knew I could always justify any argument I made. My Mom always said I should have been a lawyer. But I never realized where this attitude came from until now. It's my JW background! I am continually amazed at how much I am learning about myself and life in general from this site. Great topic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit