How did the new light go down in your hall?

by Mickey mouse 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Damn shortened meetings!! I heard about this at 11:30 and dialed into the KH's audio-conferencing system to listen and RECORD the announcement/letter for y'all, but I was late... got the last 30 seconds of the closing song and the speaker's prayer, in which--I kid you not!--he said "we pledge our allegiance to you and your organization, both heavenly and its earthly manifestation...."

And they all said Amen.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The new light is that the current day anointed are/is the "This Generation" that Jesus spoke about back in his day. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Blueblades

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    we pledge our allegiance to you and your organization, both heavenly and its earthly manifestation...."

• oompa
    oompa

Dramatic. Wife and son say the paragraphs were read, then there were comments taken from the paragraphs read......oompa

give it mickey

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I just returned from my meeting. It was a snoozefest full of people reading answers directly from the paragraph and making their own personal analogies in order for the "new light" to make sense.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Lucky for the WTS the CO was visiting our congo which means the paragraphs weren't read and so it didn't shock people-- I don't think people got the gist or understood that the doctrine had been changed. . .the PO tried to not have that part of the paragraph read. :)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hardly and eyebrow raised in our hall - isn't the FDS wonderful

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems there are a few threads on this now. Can I link my response here?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/156792/1.ashx

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

For one thing, no one wanted to answer the question on what we used to think "the generation" was (i.e '95 version). Maybe people were thinking back to all the other definitions that had gone before and wondering whether they imagined it?!

The WT conductor tried to put a positive spin on it all by saying it doesn't really put Armageddon off but then ruined it by referring to the '95 definition as "rubbish". So lets see...if he said that last week we could disfellowship him but....

....hmmm...kind of made me wonder about him.

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    The new light is that the current day anointed are/is the "This Generation" that Jesus spoke about back in his day.

I thought I heard this excuse new light sometime in the late 70's/ early 80's. Especially when they were trying to explain their end of the world, 1975 mistake misunderstanding. If I'm wrong, shame on me for not studying my Tower that week!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit