How did the new light go down in your hall?

by Mickey mouse 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Just curious. Will share my experience later.

• yknot
    yknot

Like every other meeting......

Heads bobbed, questions were answered using only the paragraph, song was sung, prayer was said, and then the real discussion began..........

The discussion was intense and deep but final all were resolved to go to the Chinese buffet for lunch!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nobody got it.

Those paragraphs had nobody answering. It was like old Ben Stien up there asking the questions, then "anyone. . . anyone . . . ". In the end one of the hard-core would put the hand up and give the basic answer. I just don't think anybody was grasping the new light.

Afterwards a couple of friends came around the house and we discussed it. They said - "this surely is a sign that we have the truth - the fact that the doctrine changes over time"! Mrs Link and I were just shocked. Shared a few tidbits with them, but they didn't budge - happy puppets.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

I don't know either, I left after the talk because I could feel my emotions getting out of control just thinking about the study. My wife was very unhappy that I left. I'm going to catch hell for this in a couple of hours.

L

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In a way I wish I was there to see the reaction. Confused looks etc etc. I suspect there will be some follow up perhaps as local needs.

• Mulan
    Mulan

what did I miss? what new light?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I've been to about 3 or 4 meetings (including the memorial) in the last year. It feels weird just walking into a KH now. But I'm going to go to a meeting today so I can hear the "new light" first hand.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What have I missed?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Your talking about a reaction by people who don't even understand the old light, let alone the new light. Most were so zoned out with boredom by that point, all they heard was equivalent to a Charlie Brown adult talking.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

new bwa bwa bwa light bwa bwa annointed bwa bwa bwa, kingdom melody prayer bwa bwa bwa amen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit