Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-20-08 WT Study (Presence)

by blondie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember reading Matt 24 after I began to objectively review my beliefs. It occurred to me, finally that the wt had these set of beliefs and then began to plug them into scriptures in a very haphazard fashion. And then as beliefs changes, they would just rearrange the plug-ins.

For example, how can Jesus "come" after he is already present for almost 100 years?

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks for your WT review, Blondie.

Q10,11 Apostles,part of this gensration................ Apostles would no doubt have understood...........were to be part of 'GENERATION" that would not pass away.Then why did the Apostles ask Jesus all those questions if they understood?

Q15 Without spiritual understanding=GB of WT.Look at all their wishy washy understanding of the generation.In todays study of the WT they refer to the 1995 WT,why not to all the WT'S and publications that said "This generation that saw 1914 will NOT pass away before the end comes".

Bob

• watson
    watson

Is Loesh doing the WT writing now? It just has an arrogant tone that makes me think of him.

This is a WT study I have been looking forward to. I wonder what the Watchtower conductors around the country will be seeing when they look out over followers. Pupils dialated?

• scholar
    scholar

Blondie

Celebrated WT scholars have long last published clarification of that moxt vexed phrase 'this generation' in the Synoptic Gospels. Christendom's scholars have had great difficulty in making sense of the Olivet Discourse so this correct understanding of matters is of benefit to all peoples. [removed - JGnat]

scholar JW

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Thanks Blondie -

Thoughtful as always. This study got me sooo ANGRY.

They discuss the SECOND term "syntelia" first to plant the idea that the "parousia" also extends over an interminable period of time like the conclusion of a deadly boring talk at the Kingdumb Hell. Rather than a sudden event that is immediately obvious to all those alive at the time.

The whole point of Christs discourse is "YOU DO NOT NEED A SIGN BECAUSE IT WILL BE AS OBVIOUS" as lightning.

Hence the words "do not be misled" by earthquakes and food shortages pestilences or announcements that the "time is at hand" or "the Day of the Lord is here". They are NOT a sign the end is near.

I have already heard over the last few days rationalizing of the contradictions, even one witless claiming they did not think it was correct when they were told to preach the 1914 generation doctrine.

Another claim was it is "about time people stopped looking to dates and times." (even though the Faithful Steward was responsible for it all.)

What is also HILARIOUS is that the Witchtower magazine seems to write itself when the Gibbering Buddy wants to distance itself from yet another doctrinal gaffe:

"The pages of this journal appeared to say what some have claimed to have been said as understood by those who read what they thought to be the words of the Faithful Slave whose actual words were never actually quoted as said uniting the congregations in one thought by their own overeager expectations based on what they thought the pages of this journal appeared to say."

Love

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Newyork44M -

The Witchtower is already wriggling out of the "coming" vs "presence" of 100 years.

P137 of the "Proclaimers" book LIES by saying that the Babble Students came to discern that Christ

"did not return (EVEN INVISIBLY) in 1914."

In 1943 when the 1914 doctine was published, they were not Bible Students.

HB

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Thanks, Blondie, for your research work. Your thread is quite complementary with Leolaia's. Whereas she imparts to us her vast linguistic and textual knowledge, you have a knack for exposing the WTS's ever varying teachings by means of quoting from their abundant literature. To their credit, they have written so much over a century, it's little wonder they contradict themselves. They may even not remember what they have written in past decades on a given subject ...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Celebrated WT scholars have long last published clarification of that moxt vexed phrase 'this generation' in the Synoptic Gospels. Christendom's scholars have had great difficulty in making sense of the Olivet Discourse so this correct understanding of matters is of benefit to all peoples. Your critical attitude to this Watchtower reflects the foolishness of Leolaia who has posted a biased critiqued of this material.

Hardly. You no doubt held the same positive sentiment for all of their previous 'clarifications' about the generation as well. You remember, the ones that you now 'know' to be incorrect? Yeah, those ones. It's just more of the same wordplay.

Her article contains many assumptions and flaws and is a dishonest attempt to rewrite or substitute the meaning of parousia as 'coming' rather than 'presence' for apostates hate the simple fact that this Greek word means presence and not coming.

'parousia' does indeed mean 'presence' in modern Greek, though I don't know about biblical Greek or how use of the word has changed over time. However, because the Watchtower Society's flawed drivel about 1914 is completely baseless, their entire interpretation is invalid anyway. 'scholar' again employs the meaningless JW pejorative, 'apostates', and then assigns stereotypical motives to them - it really is comical.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Post 1737

No, parousia means 'presence' in not just Modern Greek but also in the Koine and Classical Greek and this is where Leolaia's nonsense and that of other apostates fails because it is based on a lie. Apostates want to rewrite the Greek Lexicons as they have this crazy notion that parousia means 'coming'. The Society under the tutelage of 'celebrated WT scholars have finally got the right interpretation of the Mathean 'generation' and everyone is happy about that except the 'evil slave' class'.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar', I am tired of your bombastic discrimination. I will not read any post where a scan reveals use of the pejorative term 'apostate'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit