What about a prom? IF You Are A JW KID!!!

by seektruth101 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seektruth101
    seektruth101

My son asked a Jw Girl if she would go to the Prom with him and she Flat out said NO! And nothing more. What the Hell JW cant go to PROM. Where Can I find More On This? WOW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I went to three proms as a JW!

• daystar
    daystar

I went to my prom with a worldly girl, in fact my girlfriend, while I was still considered to be a Witness.

Going to prom, a 'wordly' event, at all was frowned upon generally.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Prom was a no-no since it is sooooo immoral!

The JW kids that were graduating would have thier own lame excuse of a prom. Inviting all couples as well, young or old. Elders were there and only appropriate music was played. Basically, boring and just sitting around and talking.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In Witless Lala land, the relation between the sexes is viewed as exclusively sexualized.

Hence a man and woman cannot be "just friends" hell I know a couple where the wife makes the brother in law and other male relatives sit outside in the car until her husband comes home.

Talking on the phone, even just social kissing, going to a movie or a concert, sharing a car are all considered in the realm of dating or even part of foreplay.

Going to the prom for this poor girl is a declaration of his desire to get to know her with "a view to marriage."

In the litterordure, social functions are shown as couples activities you never see a man or woman without a partner, or the group of friends are all the same sex.

HB

• seektruth101
    seektruth101

Were is it in the MAG? I know all the BULL about it. better yet in bible thank you for the help

• seektruth101
    seektruth101

Sorry about spelling wifes getting home soon super Dud wife but a great lady too

• seektruth101
    seektruth101

Sorry about spelling wifes getting home soon super Dud wife but a great lady too

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

asking "where is that in the bible" is a pretty stupid question for jws. clearly biblical basis is not what they look for in daily situations. more accurately is "scriptural principle". this is the basis for turning some one's opinion into rules you have to live by.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

btw: in the late 80s and early 90s when I would have gone to prom it was considered to be a hotbed of immoral conduct. dating was only for those who wanted to be married

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit