Sometimes it is the little things that make the day hard.

by wings 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

My mom's memory (mental clarity) has been slipping every day. For the last three days she has insisted that we go and see dad (he passed away 2 months ago). She wants to bring him his shoes or something (can't tell).

So, I sit in front of her and gently tell her that Dad is gone. She looks at me in shock, and then the tears start, sobs....I hold her....more sobs.....

Three days now, I don't know how much more I can take.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

No advice or anything, I'm just sorry you're going through this. And your mom, too. (((Wings)))

Dave

• *summer*
    *summer*

Poor thing...so sad:-(

Must be hard on you. On the other hand, your mother is so fortunate to have you.

Hugs to you both...

• DJK
    DJK

(((((Wings)))))

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm so sorry, it is hard to see a parent go through this kind aging process. All

anyone can do is just to be a supportive daughter or son.

hugs,

hope4others

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sorry to hear that Wings , dealing with the death of your parents is not an easy of thing to do, from recent experience

Does your mother suffer from Alzheimer's , and is that the reason she is not remembering things ?

Its very disheartening to see anyone of your parents deteriorate mentally, went through it myself not long ago

Take it easy !

• chickpea
    chickpea

hardly a little thing..... sorry that this is your present circumstance..... and your mother's too..... hoping for respite for all who need it

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Know someone else who was in a similar situation. Must be very tough.

Thinking of you.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It sounds like your mother has dementia or Alzheimers.

Sorry, it sounds like you have some troubleing times to deal with.

• wings
    wings

She has dememtia, a stroke victim, a history of mental illness.....but she has been failing daily. Right before my eyes, it is hard to take.

Anyway, I don't tell her the truth about Dad unless I absolutely have run out of distractions and can't keep her in her chair. It just breaks my heart...for her.... they were married 60 years last September. Because of her mental illness, she has always been dependent on him. He was a good man, he took care of her and stuck with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit