You got to love these emails going around JW land.

by whereami 32 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

So who is manufacturing the pie plates, tea kettles, cooking utensils, etc. that she is using? Who is generating the electricity and/or pumping the natural gas that powers her stove / oven? Who is manufacturing the paper, ink, pens, etc. for the letter she reads? How does all that stuff get transported and distributed? Remember that there will be at least 20 billion resurrected ones, per the Insight book.

If everybody is picking daisies or running bed and breakfasts or spending all day petting lions and painting, who exactly is doing all the real work that makes all this possible? Elves? Fairies? Gnomes?

Maybe the pioneers & COs get to run the bed and breakfasts, while the "low hour publishers" work 3rd shift in the power plant or the coal mine or the paper mill.

• Gregor
    Gregor

She didn't say the chickens were going to eat the worms! They were just searching for them. Maybe to play with them after they got bored playing with the vegetarian foxes. Hey, it could happen.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    My chickens aren't a bit alarmed at all these foxes
    nearby, they go on searching for worms and scratching around the yard,
    clucking contentedly to one another.

Her chickens may not be alarmed by the foxes, but that is not the only danger. I secretly infiltrated the new order with a knife and a boiling pot of oil. I am hungry for some southern fried chicken and tonight is the night - BABY.

• M.J.
    M.J.

"So you think that is Aunt Melba, and she even has memories of your sixth birthday before you all converted to the dub way, but she is not really Aunt Melba."

The poor Aunt Melba "copy" can't even get the Aunt Melba memories right:
    (Isaiah 65:17) ". . .the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."

• Balsam
    Balsam

Makes me think of AMWAY, visualize, visualize, visualize your dreams. In other words no matter how bogus it is just cling to the dream. JW's use the very same techniques to pull the unwary into their dream world.

Ruth

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You know I'm not trying to be funny but this actually made me cry. I feel so very sad, or perhaps it's pity, that they hold on so dearly and with all of their might to this fantasy, wishing for those days. They live in hope of a future that will never be and thus they don't live their best lives now.

Far far too sad.

• All_These_Kids
    All_These_Kids

Sorry, but I couldn't make it through the whole thing. It does, however, bring back memories of get togethors when, instead of just talking and eating, people would start making speeches of this sort of crap. Soon it became customary to have an informal meeting at every get togethor. This would have been in the early 90's. Did other congregations do that also, or was it just mine?

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

WOW! Been a couple of years since I've been on this board - I check from time to time - but this is nearly vomit-inducing. I was raised a Dub, been out since '93. Said it before & I'll say it again: "Best decision EVER!" Cheers! :)

• searcher
    searcher

10 Years on…

I am confined to the house now because the chickens have bred so prolifically they have taken over the yard, no room for me to walk, also I am very hungry because the foxes have also bred and have filled up my garden and they and the chickens have eaten the plants and new ones cannot grow because they trample the seedlings, there are so many of them.

The house is full of spiders and cockroaches; nothing dies in the new system.

I don’t know what to do except sit because the timely instructions from the Faithful and Discrete Slave cannot get through due to the overcrowding.

• integ
    integ

You know I'm not trying to be funny but this actually made me cry. I feel so very sad, or perhaps it's pity, that they hold on so dearly and with all of their might to this fantasy, wishing for those days. They live in hope of a future that will never be and thus they don't live their best lives now.

Far far too sad.

THANK YOU!!! That is exactly how I felt about this paradise story, and all the ridiculous paradisaic fantasies the old guard witnesses cling too. I care a lot about many people who believe this stuff. I really feel terrible for all of them. It truly is heart wrenching to look at these folks and imagine the utter pain and devastation they would/will feel if/when they finally figure out their whole lives were basically wasted. You know, you could make a case that these JW leaders are truly evil, for the way they ruin peoples lives, and doing it all in the name of God??? Isn't that like the unforgivable sin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit